did I?

My book "Vietnam Veterans Against the War: The New Soldier" shows how
I truly feel about the military.

COLLEGE: I graduated from Yale University with a low C average. Unlike
my counterpart George Bush, I have no higher education and did not get
admitted to Harvard or graduate with an M.B.A

PAST WORK EXPERIENCE: I ran for U.S. Congress and have been there
ever since. I have no real world experience except marrying rich
women and running HJ Heinz vicariously through my wife Teresa.

ACCOMPLISHMENTS AS US SENATOR: I set the record for the most liberal
voting record, exceeding even Ted Kennedy and Hillary Clinton I have
consistently failed to support our military and CIA by voting against
budgets, thus gutting our country's ability to defend itself.
Although I voted for the Iraq War, now I am against it and refuse to
admit that I voted for it.

I voted for every liberal piece of legislation. I have no plan to
help this country but I intend to raise taxes significantly if I am
elected.

My wealth so far exceeds that of my counterpart, George Bush, that he
will never catch up. I make no or little charitable contributions and
have never agreed to pay any voluntary excess taxes in MA, despite
family wealth in excess of $ 700 million.

Although I claim to be in favor of alternative energy sources, Ted
Kennedy and I oppose windmills off Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard as
it might spoil our view of the ocean as we cruise on our yachts.

RECORDS AND REFERENCES: None.

PERSONAL: I ride a Serotta Bike.

My Gulfstream V Jet I call "The Flying Squirrel"

I call my $ 850,000 42 foot Hinckley twin diesel yacht the
"Scarmouche".

I am fascinated by rap and hip-hop and you had better listen to it as
it reflects our real culture.

I own several SUVs including one parked at my Nantucket summer
mansion, though I am against large polluting inefficient vehicles and
blame George Bush for the energy problems.

I claim that the SUVs don't belong to me, but to my family.

PLEASE CONSIDER MY EXPERIENCE WHEN VOTING IN 2004.
----------------------------------------------

while i personally don't know if all of this is true, it's no different than all the BS i see spewed about bush on the air...

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
IHT have you seen this ??

2004 Democratic National Committee Convention -

Official Program

6:00pm - Opening flag burning ceremony.
6:00pm - Opening secular prayers by Rev. Jesse Jackson and Rev. Al Sharpton
6:30pm - Anti-war concert by Barbra Streisand.
6:55pm - Ted Kennedy proposes a toast.
7:00pm - Tribute theme to France.
7:10pm - Collect offerings for al-Zawahri defense fund.
7:25pm - Tribute theme to Germany.
7:45pm - Anti-war rally (Moderated by Michael Moore)
8:25pm - Ted Kennedy proposes a toast.
8:30pm - Terrorist appeasement workshop.
9:00pm - Gay marriage ceremony (both male and female couples)
9:30pm - * Intermission *
10:00pm - Posting the Iraqi colors by Sean Penn and Tim Robbins
10:10pm - Re-enactment of Kerry's fake medal toss
10:20pm - Cameo by Dean 'Yeeearrrrrrrg!'
10:30pm - Abortion demonstration by N.A.R.A.L
10:40pm - Ted Kennedy proposes a toast.
10:50pm - Pledge of allegiance to the United Nations
11:00pm - Multiple gay marriage cermony (threesomes, mixed and same sex).
11:15PM - Maximizing Welfare workshop.
11:30pm - 'Free Saddam' pep rally.
11:59PM - Ted Kennedy proposes a toast.
12:00pm - Nomination of democratic candidate

·
-
11,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no, hadn't seen that one, but it's funny as hell.

i'm not much into the political stuff, because i tend to get a little.. uh... :c when it comes to people who can't see their own faults but only want to point out others faults.

take J. kerry for example. he keeps saying he'll do better at this, better at that...
has ANYONE heard or seen his plans on HOW he's going to do better?

talk is cheap. i'm from missouri (originally), so you gotta SHOW ME.

·
Yeah, yeah... It's me...
958 Posts
Good stuff..... Of course I, being God, am only letting these fools have a little fun before I jump in and clean the whole mess up... LOL!!!

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Funny, quite funny... I guess the truth is funnier than fiction... :D

·
Registered
221 Posts
As a relocated Canuck who is happy to live in the US with my wife and 2 little US citizen boys, we enjoy the good with the bad (and all places have some bad) here.

I must say also that US politics is a million times more interesting and engaging than Canadian...zzzzzzzzzz.....I should be ashamed to mention that I can barely recall who is the prime minister of Canada, however that only makes me just like the vast majority of Canadians who have also forgotten who's running the show up there (it doesn't really matter who's in charge).

·
Chimpus herfustus
745 Posts
Have we all forgotten? It's who's endorsed by my favorite actor/director/celebrity that is REALLY important. Plus, it doesn't hurt to play the sax on MTV. Focus on the isssues people. :rolleyes: :u

sb

·
Registered
5 Posts
You guys are serious, right? LOL...Bush.."don't send me to Vietnam, I'm going to Alabama," but we're going to say Kerry bailed on "minor injuries"? Bush tells us all the programs he'll start in his State of the Union addresses, then refuses to fund them, but we'll accuse Kerry of flip flopping? Bush gets almost a thousand Americans killed in a war justified by bad intelligence or, worse, perhaps lying, but you're going to call Kerry names?

BTW...how is that audit going on the Haliburton contract?

Permit me to suggest that if a Democrat did half of what George W. Bush has done in 3 years, you'd be screaming for impeachment and Tom Delay would be lynching him under the Capitol dome. :cool:

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Belgarion129 said:
You guys are serious, right? LOL...Bush.."don't send me to Vietnam, I'm going to Alabama," but we're going to say Kerry bailed on "minor injuries"? Bush tells us all the programs he'll start in his State of the Union addresses, then refuses to fund them, but we'll accuse Kerry of flip flopping? Bush gets almost a thousand Americans killed in a war justified by bad intelligence or, worse, perhaps lying, but you're going to call Kerry names?

Permit me to suggest that if a Democrat did half of what George W. Bush has done in 3 years, you'd be screaming for impeachment and Tom Delay would be lynching him under the Capitol dome. :cool:
Your first post here was on this? Riiiiiggghhht

I really dont think Kerry has a chance, to much flip flopping, to many mistakes and misques by team kerry. The dnc convention is on now and bush is pulling ahead -we will see what happens at the end of the week.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well, so far I've heard the Bush team complain about Kerry flip-flopping. But everytime I look at the vote they claim was a flip flop, it looks more like Kerry voting consistently with what he's said. One example is Bush's claim that Kerry voted for the Iraqi invasion but against funding. What actually occurred is that Kerry voted for the invasion based upon Bush's assertions of WMD, then insisted that Bush give some kind of plan for an $87 billion expenditure after the WMD claims began to go south. When Bush refused, Kerry said Congress doesn't issue blank checks. Doesn't sound like a flip flop to me.

Whatever.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
What really, really happened with that vote is that Kerry needed to run back to the left to secure the primary votes (needed to look more like dean). As for flip flopping, where does he stand on gay marriage? as opposed to the past? just one of many examples - but hey I dont want to make your guy look foolish ;)

·
-
11,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Belgarion129 said:
You guys are serious, right? LOL...Bush.."don't send me to Vietnam, I'm going to Alabama," but we're going to say Kerry bailed on "minor injuries"?
but what about the fact that when GORE was running against BUSH, mr. Kerry had the balls to say that Al Gores military background should not be held against him???
NOW ALL OF THE SUDDEN MILITARY BACKGROUND MATTERS TO MR. KERRY??

Belgarion129 said:
Bush tells us all the programs he'll start in his State of the Union addresses, then refuses to fund them, but we'll accuse Kerry of flip flopping?
at least he has PLANS!! what does mr. kerry have? cuz i'm REALLY WANTING TO KNOW. all i hear is how "Bush is messing this up, bush did this wrong." and that "if elected, i'll fix this and that." YET NOT ONE PLAN ON HOW HE'S GOING TO DO BETTER AND FIX THINGS. how about a plan there sparky? then i might give you a listen.

Belgarion129 said:
Bush gets almost a thousand Americans killed in a war justified by bad intelligence or, worse, perhaps lying, but you're going to call Kerry names?
how did Bush get them killed? he didn't fire any bullets, did he?
let me tell you this. had al gore been president when 9-11 happened, what do you think he would have done?

i'll tell you what i would've done. I WOULD'VE QUIT MY JOB! why? because i FLY around the world a lot. that big pussy wouldn't have done a thing to the people responsible, and what message would that have sent around the world?

i was told a long time ago (forgot who, it was in the late 80s), that most of the time, the economic problems we have now were caused 8-10 years PRIOR. who was president then?

and people bitch about the possibility of a DRAFT to fill the ranks of the military. CARE TO ASK WHY?
because our good buddy bill clinton cut the military down so far that WE ARE FIGHTING THIS WAR WITH HALF THE # OF MILITARY PERSONEL THAT WE HAD IN 1990!! they have downsized the military that much. THAT is why.

Belgarion129 said:
how's the Heinz business these days? or better yet, where's all that whitewater paperwork?

Belgarion129 said:
Permit me to suggest that if a Democrat did half of what George W. Bush has done in 3 years, you'd be screaming for impeachment and Tom Delay would be lynching him under the Capitol dome.
how? fuggin Billy Bob Clinton got away with much worse for 8 years!!! now his WIFEY is up in NY, someplace she's not even from, and she got voted in??? how will anyone vote for someone who can't even control her own cheating husband?

sorry, i don't normally get into all this political BS cuz it gets me going, so i TRY not to pay much attention to it.

i'm just sick of the BS people are saying about Bush.
i just ask, "would you rather have a spineless al gore in the white house? where would our country be right now?"

and if people are worried about a contract given to a company, do you all know how fuggin often that happens in all the small town across america today? and if that's the worst thing he's done, compared to what the clinton clan got away with??? sheesh. :rolleyes:

i posted this topic as a sarcastic joke...

oh, and all the BS that clinton and the other ex-presidents are spewing is undermining our national security as well. what's the penalty for treason again?

how about mr. kerry telling us HOW he's going to do better instead of just saying that he will. even the political sites i've tried to read up on his views state that they don't even know how he'll fix "whatever" as there are no plans made to the public.

oh, if you couldn't tell, i work for the military still. i fly a lot, i get to listen to all kinds of cool briefings... it's really sad to hear what the liberal media spews on TV that is so far from the truth, amazing.

my brother, who i saw the past 2 days at my grandpas funeral, has been over in iraq for over half a year. he says that the military over there refuses to read the "STARS AND STRIPES", which is military newspaper. why? because of all the negative crap that's written in there about what they're doing, and how far from the truth it is.

about 4% of the entire country of iraq is in turmoil (just 2 or 3 hotspots that we always hear about), the rest is running fine, but you won't see that on TV because it's not news.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Politicians are politicians...I wouldn't give a bushel of bananas for any of em.Republican,Democrat,or othrewise!Politics is a game,whereby you must pick the lesser of two,three,or more evils...this is merely a subjective concept.If we're lucky we pick the smaller of the "Antichrists" who will do the less harm to our country,if not we suck a hind tit til next time around,but may I just add that I hope we learned our lesson with Bill Klintoon...One more thing...I always wondered if he smoked those cigars after he and Monica were thru with em :D :D

·
-
11,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
AF MAN said:
Politicians are politicians...I wouldn't give a bushel of bananas for any of em.Republican,Democrat,or othrewise!Politics is a game,whereby you must pick the lesser of two,three,or more evils...this is merely a subjective concept.If we're lucky we pick the smaller of the "Antichrists" who will do the less harm to our country,if not we suck a hind tit til next time around.
i agree. the lesser of 2 evils.

sorry that i've been so pro-bush. to be honest, i'm not his biggest supporter either, and i WOULD ACTUALLY GIVE KERRY A LISTEN IF HE WERE TO SAY SOMETHING. i'm still waiting..... if he's got a plan, it would help if it were made known to the public.

i feel that bush is still the lesser of the 2 evils here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Bush definitely strikes a nerve with me. I was very interested in him in 2000 because he struck a very moderate tone before the election. Unfortunately, he has run too far to the right for me and clearly plans to go even farther if reelected. If Kerry runs too far left, I'll have the same reaction.

·
Registered
451 Posts
IHT said:
i agree. the lesser of 2 evils.

sorry that i've been so pro-bush. to be honest, i'm not his biggest supporter either, and i WOULD ACTUALLY GIVE KERRY A LISTEN IF HE WERE TO SAY SOMETHING. i'm still waiting..... if he's got a plan, it would help if it were made known to the public.

i feel that bush is still the lesser of the 2 evils here.
I'm what most call an "ultra conservative" I lean so far to the right I sometimes fall over,but you and I are in accord on one thing...I'm not as pro- Bush as I used to be...not because of the war in Iraq,but mostly because of his views on some domestic issues...Aw hell it's all just politics,and we all,be we Republican,or Democrat...know that politics is like a thankless lover...it leaves you fulfiled in some ways,but leaves you wanting in so many others!

·
-
11,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
cool with me. i agree.
but i still feel he did the right thing in regards to the 9-11 attacks. he's not the sharpest tack, but that's what a good cabinet is for.... rumsfeld has some issues as well.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.