Cigar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Definitely not a puff fan
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Steeltown is the newest Professional Engineer in the jungle! Congratulations on passing your exam. Go ask your boss for a big fat raise and light up a celebratory smoke. Well done, Tyler. Enjoy moving into this new phase of your career.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Tyler, excellent job brother I knew you could do it....now...start enjoying all those smokes you have :w

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Congratulations Steeltown! I can imagine what relief it is to have passed that exam. I wish I knew as I took it for the first time in April and found out last weekend that I failed with a 67. Oh well, maybe I pass it in October.

Congrats Again.

Kyle

·
Registered
374 Posts
Thanks guys - I just found out this morning when I looked at the website. The results won't be mailed till next week. I studied my ass off for 4 months, but still didn't think I passed. I was just about to crack open my books to start studying for the next exam offered in October! I think some of you had more faith in me than I did!

I'll have to figure out a good negotiating strategy to get some extra money out of the boss. Thanks for the support!

·
Registered
374 Posts
PadronMe said:
Congratulations Steeltown! I can imagine what relief it is to have passed that exam. I wish I knew as I took it for the first time in April and found out last weekend that I failed with a 67. Oh well, maybe I pass it in October.

Congrats Again.

Kyle
Damn Kyle - 67 is close as hell. Basically you're a couple wrong guesses away from a Passing score. And most likely I was one lucky guess on the right side of passing. It's a tough exam, and to either receive all or no credit is a hard pill to swallow. Like I said, I was planning on breaking out the books this week. I think you'll fare a lot better the next time - you have a better idea of how the test is set up and how to take something that tough under pressure. It won't be as "new" to you.

That's what I was telling myself - take it the first time, do your best, try to pass but probably you'll fail, but pass it the 2nd time. Plus, you have a lot of studying still fresh in your mind since the beginning of the year. They say 300 hrs is a SOLID review. I studied for about 250 hrs I'd say. A lot of stuff I hadn't studied since my 2nd or 3rd year of college, so it had been a while. Now that its more fresh in your mind, you can just review really briefly and then spend most of your time drilling problems. That would be my plan.

Good luck w/ your studies and keep us posted. Leaf has his PE and was a good mentor w/ advice. Let either of us know if we can help you out at all!

·
Registered
7,155 Posts
Way to go Steel, you've earned the cigar and the drink to go with it...enjoy!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
BRAVO!!! BRAVISIMO!!!

Well done, amigo! Congratulations!

Take a little time for yourself. Telling you to smoke a great cigar would be a moot point.

Scott"gottaloveapostexambliss"M

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Steeltown said:
Basically you're a couple wrong guesses away from a Passing score.
Truthfully, I would say that a bunch of correct guesses got me that score. No way did I think I did that well the first time. That thing was hard. I could have studied 500 hours and I would have never looked at some of the stuff I saw on that test.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Congratulations brother, you must be happy as hell. I remembered when I got my Radiology board I was jumping up and down from the mailbox to my house full of joy. Cracked open a bottle of JW blue label to celebrate. Good work Steeltown!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts