Cigar Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here like Metal/Harcore music?

There is a tour called Sounds of the Underground (http://www.soundsoftheundergroundtour.com/index.html)

Main Bands I want to see:

Opeth
Lamb of God
Unearth
Chimaira

Also, I went and saw Mudvayne with Bloodsimple and Life of Agony in April. That was the best show I have seen, and I had seen mudvayne 2 times before that.

List of Concerts: (In order of When I saw Them)

1) Metallica with Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, Deftones, and Mudvayne - Houston

2) Mudvayne with V-Shape Mind - San Antonio, TX

3) Buzzfest: Puddle of Mudd, Lost Prophets, Strata, Thrice, IMA Robot, Thornley, Drowning Pool, Lo Pro, Cold, Marcy Playground, Three Days Grace, Everlast, Sevendust, Finger Eleven, Hoobastank, Smile Empty Souls, and Trapt - The Woodlands, TX

4) Velvet Revolver - Houston, TX (Went backstage to meet them)

5) Slipknot with Lamb of God, The Bled, and Shadows Fall - Houston, TX

6) Mudvayne with Bloodsimple - New Orleans, LA

That was all within one year...

Anyone else wanna share concerts?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Man, I can barely remember half the concerts I went to back in my younger years :mad: AC/DC, Boston, Black Sabbath, Blue Oyster Cult, Van Halen, Def Leppard, Yes, Journey, Styx, Pink Floyd, Scorpions, 38 Special, Molly Hatchet, Fleetwood Mac, The Tubes, The Police, Rush, ZZ Top, Alice Cooper, Quiet Riot, etc, etc. That was all in the 70's and 80's. Had a lot of fun, lost a lot of brain cells :r . I went to the three day "US Festival" back in 83, and I can remember about 3 or 4 hours of it :confused: .

Lately, I've seen the Rippingtons, Kansas and Elton John. Nuthin special...

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Last show I went to see was Queens of The Stone Age. But when I was living in Lawrence I went to shows all the time. Miss those days. Best show I've ever seen was a Split Lip Rayfield show......man that was a kick ass show. Ween was pretty cool to see. WOW.......so many good shows I can't even list them all.

·
The Screamin' Eagle \m/
3,114 Posts
Well, we don't get as many metal tours in the UK as I'd like... but, I can't honestly remember who I've seen! I've been working in venues that live music for 8 years now... However, stand out gigs have been:
1. Slayer, Sepultura, System of a Down - Played 3 nights at a venue I worked at in '98, and, OK, it was Derrick Greene, but F$&*IN' SLAYER! I went all 3 nights, took them off work! Most brutal moshpit EVER for Slayer :D
2. Sepultura, Brixton Academy, 'last ever' gig with Max - AWESOME :sb
3. Bruce Dickinson - Played where I work. He's full of :BS, but I love his music.
4. Stiff Little Fingers - OK, so they're punk. One of the first punk bands I ever liked. But on Tuesday gone, I got payed to sing along to every damn song they played. Which is always a bonus.
5. The Wildhearts. If you know the Wildhearts... If you don't, well, they've been doing the Buckcherry/Backyard Babies thang for years (about 13 if you don't count the break ups!) and, well... For me, possibly the most energetic, fun and enjoyable live show ever. But that's just cos I love them. I'm sure people who don't find it all quite lame.

I think I may have to warn you guys now that I can rant about music for years.

·
The Screamin' Eagle \m/
3,114 Posts
Aerosmith always put on a good show... although, I wouldn't know compared to the 70's or 80's shows.. I wasn't born until '79, and there were no 80's shows in the UK.
Metallica... '97... Reading festival. I suffered whingy Marylin Manson fans for this, and it was worth it. Except they opened with So What and I broke myself. So to speak... But the rest of the set was good to.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I listened to the CD I gave him and nothing really stood out as bad. He's a pretty smart 6 year old though. LOL! His twin brother listens to Gretchen Wilson and that's got more suggestive lyrics than Slipknot. LMAO!!

Lumpold: I've been into Stiff Little Fingers since the 80's. The best UK punk band ever, IMHO.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Saw Metallica, with Cliff Burton, during the Metal Up Your Ass time, in a small venue. Very rough and raw compared to their sound after Ride the Lightning.

·
The Screamin' Eagle \m/
3,114 Posts
jgrimball said:
Man you got some good concerts under your belt.
Check out this band LEADERDOG
You might like them.
Well, If were gonna do the band thing... My herfin' buddy Craig is th edrummer in a Metal band Malefice from where I live... and they rock!

·
The Screamin' Eagle \m/
3,114 Posts
Matt R said:
Lumpold: I've been into Stiff Little Fingers since the 80's. The best UK punk band ever, IMHO.
Well, they look like a bunch of sweaty, old men now! But they still sound fantastic :D

·
Banned
6,267 Posts
I'm also somewhat of a Concert Whore myself (go figure right?)

I've been to over 30 concerts and seen everyone from Pantera to CCR (the current incarnation anyways).

Some quickie stats:
7 - times I've seen Godsmack in concert
5 - times I've seen Disturbed in concert
4 - Ozzfest festivals I've been to
1 - number of times I've gotten a concussion at a Sepultura concert
1 - number of times my wife has had her ribs broken in the pit at a concert (goddamn Scott Weiland :sb)
2 - number of times I've got hit in the stomach so hard in the pit I though I was gonna throw up (Hatebreed Concert)
300 - number of times I've seen Ozzy do his little jump on stage ;)

Quickie general list of bands I've seen:
Black Label Society
Pantera
Down
Superjoint Ritual
Static X
Metallica
Korn
Seether
Godsmack
Slipknot
System of a Down
Rob Zombie
Mudvayne
Lynyrdy Skynyrd (sans Ronnie Van Zant)
Creedence Clearwater Revival
Hemlock
Black Sabbath
Slayer
Hatebreed
Chevelle
Cradle of Filth
Mushroomhead
Shadows Fall
Killswitch Engage
Adema
Meshuggah
Flaw
The Used
Otep
Methods of Mayhem
AudioSlave
Kittie
Slaves On Dope
Deftones
STP
Creed
Limp Bizkit
Rammstein
Filter
Wu Tang Clan (I know, I know) and many others which I'd have to pull out my ticket stubs

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
LasciviousXXX said:
I'm also somewhat of a Concert Whore myself (go figure right?)

I've been to over 30 concerts and seen everyone from Pantera to CCR (the current incarnation anyways).

Some quickie stats:
7 - times I've seen Godsmack in concert
5 - times I've seen Disturbed in concert
4 - Ozzfest festivals I've been to
1 - number of times I've gotten a concussion at a Sepultura concert
1 - number of times my wife has had her ribs broken in the pit at a concert (goddamn Scott Weiland :sb)
2 - number of times I've got hit in the stomach so hard in the pit I though I was gonna throw up (Hatebreed Concert)
300 - number of times I've seen Ozzy do his little jump on stage ;)

Quickie general list of bands I've seen:
Black Label Society
Pantera
Down
Superjoint Ritual
Static X
Metallica
Korn
Seether
Godsmack
Slipknot
System of a Down
Rob Zombie
Mudvayne
Lynyrdy Skynyrd (sans Ronnie Van Zant)
Creedence Clearwater Revival
Hemlock
Black Sabbath
Slayer
Hatebreed
Chevelle
Cradle of Filth
Mushroomhead
Shadows Fall
Killswitch Engage
Adema
Meshuggah
Flaw
The Used
Otep
Methods of Mayhem
AudioSlave
Kittie
Slaves On Dope
Deftones
STP
Creed
Limp Bizkit
Rammstein
Filter
Wu Tang Clan (I know, I know) and many others which I'd have to pull out my ticket stubs
I envy your concert list....isn't mudvayne one of the greatest live bands you have ever seen...just wondering if it is just me...

·
Banned
6,267 Posts
Yes they put on an amazing show, when I saw them they were opening for Slipknot at the Ufest Summer Show in PHX. They've really got a lot of energy and this was during their makeup phase so it was a really killer show.

If Slipknot hadn't followed them with an absolutely brutal performance I would have dubbed them the most extreme live show I'd ever seen. Excellent band that I highly recommend everyone go see. Their show is an experience.

The most blistering pit I've ever been in though was the Hatebreed pit when they were one of the Second Stage bands on Ozzfest. Imagine being outside in July in Phoenix and moshing on the hot cement. Now imagine thousands of your closest friends thrashing with you and you kind of get an idea what it was like. It felt like an oven

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.