Cigar Forums banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG!
28,623 Posts
I'm somewhat familiar with this style forum, some of the others I'm on use this software as well. I really do like the dark mode option. I do a lot of computer work, and dark mode saves my eyes.

I am using right now I think it is great!

Reactions: jmt8706

·
Bloke with a Smoke
605 Posts
Dark mode is da bomb! Happy to have the feature. Navigation is fairly intuitive.

I understand the new post function but can't seem to figure out how to restructure post order from oldest first to newest first. Perhaps it is not an option.

·
Community Manager
672 Posts
Dark mode is da bomb! Happy to have the feature. Navigation is fairly intuitive.

I understand the new post function but can't seem to figure out how to restructure post order from oldest first to newest first. Perhaps it is not an option.
Changing the order of the posts within a thread is not an option at this time.

It may take a few days for the new software to learn what you have and haven't read but once it does, clicking the title will take you to the first unread post in a thread.

Navigating Thread Listing

• Clicking the thread title will take you to where you left off, the 1st unread post.
  • Clicking the timestamp below the title will take you to the 1st post of the thread.
  • Clicking the timestamp above the last poster user takes you to the last (newest) post.

·
Registered
241 Posts
IT guy here (generically speaking) and I use Dark Mode whenever I can to save the strain on my eyes so thanks for this. For those who like to have such capability for pretty much any web site they go to I highly recommend Dark Reader. It's a web extension/add-on that you can use on web sites to make them darker but only if you want to i.e. you can exclude a site if you want it to stay as it is, undarkened.

I'm getting used to the new look as I was very comfortable with the old but as mentioned this is the same software used in other sites I'm a member of so the learning curve is shorter. I like the responsiveness now, big improvement!

·
Registered
241 Posts
If anyone has missed it, check out the EXTENSIVE FAQ, very nice! (y)

If you go back one step in the breadcrumb trail, to Forum Information, there's even more. Very nice to consolidate it in one location and well thought out.
(Copy/Pasted below image to test functionality)(Edit: Works flawlessly!)

·
One of the a-holes
6,166 Posts
I’m having a little frustration with Conversations. All I see are those I’ve initiat or replied to. I need the other persons text because that’s how I’ve stored home addressed.
I’d also like to know how to delete some messages. A clean box is a happy box.

·
Community Manager
672 Posts

Take a moment to browse through our Community FAQs and let us know if you have any questions.

You can find the FAQs by clicking on the 3 dots in the upper right-hand corner of the site.

·
Community Manager
672 Posts
I’m having a little frustration with Conversations. All I see are those I’ve initiat or replied to. I need the other persons text because that’s how I’ve stored home addressed.
I’d also like to know how to delete some messages. A clean box is a happy box.
There is no limit to the number of conversations. You can keep them indefinitely. If you choose to have one no longer display to you within your conversations, you can simply click near the upper right of the message to leave the conversation

Once you leave a conversation, it cannot be restored unless you are invited back to it.

For leaving conversations in bulk (full page) you can do the following.

Open your conversation box. Add a checkmark next to the conversation title.

That will open a drop menu near the bottom. Add a checkmark to "Select All".

Although you can add checkmarks next to each conversation, once you select any, a drop menu near the bottom will appear. If you want to leave conversation in bulk (such as a full page) Add a checkmark to "Select All".

Click the drop-down menu next to “Choose action” select “Leave conversations” . Click GO.

·
Community Manager
672 Posts
I’m having a little frustration with Conversations. All I see are those I’ve initiat or replied to.
Conversations (private messages) are threaded now (like the forum threads) so the information is kept together.

There are filters at the top of conversations as well.

- Cricket

·
One of the a-holes
6,166 Posts
You may have to dumb things down for me.
All I see are my reply’s to people. I’d like
To see what they have written to me.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
8,286 Posts
You may have to dumb things down for me.
All I see are my reply’s to people. I’d like
To see what they have written to me.
Thanks
I believe @Cricket is talking about conversations initiated (or continued) on the new software being threaded. And it is a MUCH better system than the old one.

However, it doesn't look like it was possible retroactively thread old PM's carried over from the old software since it used such a distinctly different way of handling them. And with the new system being an "all in one", your Inbox and Sent PM's brought over from the old system are intermixed; no longer separated into different folders.

Reactions: Rondo

·
Community Manager
672 Posts
How To Find Subscribed Threads

Click on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site and select “following” from the drop-down menu.

This will bring you to a page where you can choose to view followed discussions, forums, your discussions, and participated discussions.

·
Community Manager
672 Posts
How To Quote

When you see a post that you want to quote, click the reply button on that post. It will automatically add the quoted content to the content area where you can add your reply/comments following the code.

How To Multi-Quote

Step 1
: Click the multi-quote icon at the bottom of each post that you want to quote.

Step 2: Scroll down to the text editor where you are going to write your post. Click "Insert Quotes".

Step 3: A small window will pop up for you to verify (or delete) quoted content that will be added to your post. Click "Quote messages".

Final Step: The quoted content will automatically be added to the text editor.

Add your comments and click to post your reply.

Added Notes: You can multi-quote from more than one discussion thread in the forum. You can also simply highlight the part of the text you want to quote. A small popup will allow you to choose the multi-quote option using just the selected content.

·
Community Manager
672 Posts
Hi @Cricket,
Does the new site support trader feedback still?
I looked a bit but couldn't find anything.

Thanks
iTrader is a third-party product that forces us to rely on them for updates and fixes to common issues. In order to be able to efficiently support the community, we are moving away from relying on third-party providers. That being said, the developers are working on a solution for this in the future.

- Cricket

·
THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG!
28,623 Posts
Hi @Cricket,
Does the new site support trader feedback still?
I looked a bit but couldn't find anything.

Thanks

Trader feed back and Ring Gauge!
Which are sadly missing from the equation!
Are how I rate any body who comes on here!
So if you want a site that attracts sponsors!
I personally would give this a thought!
The members that are in the data base that no longer frequent the form!
Can hardly be equated into the 40 or 50 members!
That log in to see a change!
Surely the sponsors are looking at these numbers!
In much the same way the Lurkers are!
I love You JON Caputo R.I .P buddy!

·
THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG!
28,623 Posts
(y)

21 - 40 of 48 Posts