Cigar Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed this, and wondered what others have experienced. When smoking a non-ISOM cigar I always notice the smoke to be blue. When smoking an ISOM, I notice that the smoke is a light shade of brown that turns to blue as it flows upward.

Has anyone else experienced this? And don't tell me I must be smoking something else and hallucinating! :D

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I think it depends on the lighting/angles of viewing. I've noticed when I smoke that sometimes it's blue/brown/white/gray.

That, or you're smoking something else and hallucinating. :r :D :w

·
Registered
184 Posts
Uniputt said:
I think it depends on the lighting/angles of viewing. I've noticed when I smoke that sometimes it's blue/brown/white/gray.

That, or you're smoking something else and hallucinating. :r :D :w
Isn't smoke -smoke colour? The different variations are as said the different angles that capture the different colours of the spectrum from that angle and it appears to be a different hue colour? Interesting subject, never thought of it before. I have seen that the ash is different between ISOM and non-ISOM, has something to do with the elements/minerals or something in the soil, somebody posted it here before I think on the ash white/ grey.

I don't know but maybe and experiment is in order. Grab a friend and smoke some ISOMs and some non-ISOMs and in the same seated position check to see if the smoke is the same colour, hue etc.. and write it down. Or smoke them yourself and write it down and compare who knows?

·
Still Smitty's biotch!
3,434 Posts
What is really cool to watch on cigars is two different colors of smoke coming out of the two ends. You can see grey/white coming from the head and blue coming from the foot after taking a draw. Hold a white piece of paper behind the cigar to get better color definition.

I believe a lot of the color variance has to do with the temperature of the smoke, and not viewing angle but I could be totally wrong.

-Matt-

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MM2(SW)S said:
Blue smoke means the lit cigar is free from impurities, while smoke that travels the length of the cigar picks up impurities and other ingredients present in the leaf thus giving it a brown hue. http://www.cigarsareus.com/tips.html
Thanks for the site - I had never seen that one and it was pretty interesting.

:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.