Cigar Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Of all the crazy things we do to pursue this hobby, for me, collecting boxes is another. Well, just having moved into my new home I have been unpacking for a week. You never realize just how much crap you have until you move.
So after hours and hours of unpacking... I finally got to the card board boxes that contained my precious empty cigar boxes. The movers actually wrapped each and every box in like 20 pieces of wrapping paper. It actually took me an hour and a half just to unpack and unwrap my cigar boxes. I am not complaining about the care the movers took by any means. But after all those hours of unpacking and then at almost complete exhaustion spending all that time unwrapping empty cigar boxes... I thought to myself I must be nuts.
I barely had enough energy left to sit down and smoke one of Havana's finest. Then and only then did the monotony of the chore dissapear and the love for this hobby return.

·
Registered
283 Posts
LOL That's funny. I just unpacked my two boxes full of empties, thinking the same thing. Actually, I was thinking if my friends knew they were carrying boxes of empty boxes they probably wouldn't have helped me move!

I do try and find uses for them, they are my shoe polish kits, my toothbrush boxes, pen holders, change, bills, reciepts, plastic baggies, I even have one solely for clipped caps. Even I think that is a little much, to have a couple boxes of nothing but chopped tobacco.

I unpacked a half dozen of the Mayorga triangle high octane boxes from when I was smoking them a couple years ago, still haven't found anything to do with them but they are too cool to throw out.

·
Registered
239 Posts
i have kept all of the nice full wooden boxes so that i may use them to make clocks. simple enough to make them and they look cool. just need to get off the duffer and get some clock kits.

·
HOT for HILLARY!!
3,591 Posts
i dont have too many empty boxes, but i use them to store cigars in when I buy Cuban singles (until I graduate and can afford boxes...hehehe). Throw in say 5 part shorts, then a little note saying what they are and their dates, and let em sit. works great since they all come unbanded and become hard to keep straight.

plus ive heard the boxes help regulate humidity...especially since i have a pretty big and pretty empty humidor

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't really put them to too much use. I keep the cool ones and the rest go into the fire place. Cigar boxes are fun to watch burn and they smell good too.
Nowadays, some of the domestic boxes are so nice, they are like humidors.
Nice brass hinges. Have any of you seen the Camacho Liberty Box?
It is like a giant 20 pound chunk of cedar.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts