Cigar Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
8,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it me or do the sticks seem less flavorful / hotter. Been really cold here and many of the smokes I came to like over the summer taste different and or are hot. Is it the power puffing I'm doing to get out of the cold or something about smoking in 0 degree weather?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Da Klugs said:
Is it me or do the sticks seem less flavorful / hotter. Been really cold here and many of the smokes I came to like over the summer taste different and or are hot. Is it the power puffing I'm doing to get out of the cold or something about smoking in 0 degree weather?
Our noses do have built in heaters that warm incoming air. They don't work very well in extremely cold weather. As far as I know most peoples noses don't work very well in cold weather. I too have noticed the same thing.

Solution : I put a furnace and a large humidifier in my garge. "A slice of Mexico" is what I call it.

Works perfectly.

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
I agree with what MattK said. Plus the increased rate of puffing probably has a lot to do with it too.

·
Enjoying life...
4,742 Posts
I think our sense of smell lessons when its extremely cold. They don't taste as well for me either in the cold. If I feel like I'm having to rush a cigar, then its not really worth it.

Jeff

·
Registered
239 Posts
I do not smoke outside in cold weather. They just don't taste the same to me.

Two years ago I was at a Crimmas party and brought some Double Chateau Fuente Sungrowns for the host and others I knew that would like cigars. Unfortunately, we weren't "Allowed" to smoke them in the house and were relegated to the deck. The temp outside was in the upper 30's and the smokes just tasted "Flat" to me. I had one from the same box the next night and it was as good as I always expect from an AF Sungrown.

Not exactly strong empirical data, but good enough for me not to waste good cigars anymore by smoking outside in the cold.

-Quixote

·
Test Subject
2,651 Posts
Yes, everything is different and I no longer smoke when it is uncomfortable out. If you can't sit back and enjoy the smoke and surroundings its not worth smoking.

Jerry in Minnesota.

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
I kinda' noticed the same thing. Always thought it was due not just to the colder air, but the relative dryness of the cold air as well.
Whenever I smoked cigars while in the tropics, I always thought they tasted better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.