Cigar Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand that these are the Edicion Limitada 2004. I hear that the first ones have a boxcode from November. OK, maybe I didnt get this right. Or are they going to continue rolling these in 2005 too? I mean, after November its only December left to roll. They must be rolling like hell, 24 hours a day with extra rollers from all the factories to be able to make enough of these in that kind of a short time. Yes? Or are they not expecting to sell that much of the Sublimes?

Anyone knows anything about this? :)

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I have no idea as to how long they are going to roll Sublimes, but I do know that they are VERY rare and quite expensive. They do seem to be in short supply.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply!

The best thing, if you want to be sure to get these, in other words, is to get them as fast as possible!

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
All of the other L.E.'s were continued to be rolled after the year they were introduced, so I would assume the Sublimes will be also.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fredster said:
All of the other L.E.'s were continued to be rolled after the year they were introduced, so I would assume the Sublimes will be also.
OK! Thanks!

Whatabout the Cohiba Piramides EL? One from 2001 and another from 2003. Did you find out if the ones from 2003 was fakes or not?

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Well the one I was sent was fake, but there are 03 L.E. Cohiba pyramids out there that are legit.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Almost every "EL" which stands for "Edicion Limitado" has started out "Limitado" and then became just about as plentiful as regular production.
Hence the term "Non-Limitado".
I believe the price will drop substantially and they will be easy to obtain in the future. I already see several venders selling them with a wide range in pricing.

·
Registered
803 Posts
El Rey del Mundo said:
OK! Thanks!

Whatabout the Cohiba Piramides EL? One from 2001 and another from 2003. Did you find out if the ones from 2003 was fakes or not?
I was under the impression that each brand selected was able to produce one LE for that specific year. In 2003 Cohiba introduced the DC LE. I have half a box (well a couple short since I smoked one and split another open) of Piramide LE's from 2004 coded LOME. These are fakes...unbelievable...but fakes none the less. The hologram is there, the new Habanos seal is perfectly in place, and the smokes are beautiful. On the bands the gold lines are a tad too wide and the lettering is a bit too tall. I smoked one and it was not a Cohiba...I was dissapointed to say the least.

As far as 03 goes there was supposedly a small amount shipped out mistakenly with the 03 LE band. Could something like that possibly slip through the cracks....not on my watch!

With the Sublimes the prices are already coming down. I want some!

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Gargamel said:
I was under the impression that each brand selected was able to produce one LE for that specific year. In 2003 Cohiba introduced the DC LE. I have half a box (well a couple short since I smoked one and split another open) of Piramide LE's from 2004 coded LOME. These are fakes...unbelievable...but fakes none the less. The hologram is there, the new Habanos seal is perfectly in place, and the smokes are beautiful. On the bands the gold lines are a tad too wide and the lettering is a bit too tall. I smoked one and it was not a Cohiba...I was dissapointed to say the least.

As far as 03 goes there was supposedly a small amount shipped out mistakenly with the 03 LE band. Could something like that possibly slip through the cracks....not on my watch!

With the Sublimes the prices are already coming down. I want some!
Nearly all of the 01 L.E.'s were continued to be made in 02. I have had boxes all from the same legit vendor of Monte Robustos, Romeo Robustos, and Part S.D#3 all with 02 box codes. The bands still said 01, as they were introduced in 01. They were however made into 02. There were Cohiba Pyramids made in 03 that had an 03 band instead of the 01 it was suppose to have. Why, who knows. One of many strange screw up's that happen there all the time.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a box of the Monte. DC ELs 2001 that have a box code EAR SEP 02. I have also heard that some of the ELs with a box code later than the EL year could also have been rolled earlier and then placed in a box later. As far as I know, the code is only when the cigars are boxed.

Eddie

1 - 10 of 10 Posts