Cigar Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me preface this with the statement that you probably don't see a lot of cigar reviews from me on CS. This is mainly because I have the very lucky opportunity to try tons of different cigars and don't have the time to review them all.

At the same time this is a curse, as 80% of the cigars I try don't do much for me. I get in ruts with crappy smoke after crappy smoke...and it actually gets depressing. Additionally trying all the new smokes keeps me from enjoying my old stand bys. I know, I know...don't cry for me. ;)

I tried the Cohiba LE Sublime last night, knowing it was to early, but wanted to give it a shot anyway. Talk about a rut breaker. While this cigar wasn't great, it will be. The first 1/2 of the smoke was impeccable. Great construction and a deep thick taste that leaves you wanting more. As the smoke shortened up, heat took over and started to reveal some of the cigars youth. I put it out with about 3 inches left, but will absolutely look forward to trying another in about 12 months. This was without a doubt the most impressive LE release I have had. Many others have left me wanting, this only left me wanting a time machine so I could age them quicker.

·
MoTheMentor
3,261 Posts
Re: Cohiba Sublimes

Nice tasting review there pds. Thanks for the info. I can feel myself starting to drool and will be looking forward to trying out some of these. BTW, don't know if they're anywhere close to the Cohiba DC LE in profile, but I personally have enjoyed the DC's very much.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

MoTheMan said:
Nice tasting review there pds. Thanks for the info. I can feel myself starting to drool and will be looking forward to trying out some of these. BTW, don't know if they're anywhere close to the Cohiba DC LE in profile, but I personally have enjoyed the DC's very much.
It's hard for me to remember the LE DC's. I had only one out of my box and then put them away to sleep. I remember I liked them as well, but it didn't strike me as beeing as rich as the Sublime was. This puppy was oozing a thick rich smoke the likes of I have not seen for a long time.

·
Registered
756 Posts

Great review! Somehow I think Im going to be fooled/tricked in to get these... Anyway have to have a real serious discussion with my wallet...

BTW congratulations to your 1000 posts... But you didnt get another banana, yes? Was they fresh out of bananas in the store? :)

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

El Rey del Mundo said:
Great review! Somehow I think Im going to be fooled/tricked in to get these... Anyway have to have a real serious discussion with my wallet...

BTW congratulations to your 1000 posts... But you didnt get another banana, yes? Was they fresh out of bananas in the store? :)
Admin's are stuck at 5 banana bunches. We need to lose weight.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts

gabebdog1 said:
dudes I cant wait to get my hands on 1 the review was good to ...hey once u get this stoggie how long sholid u let it sleep :s
From the review sounds like at least a year....Didn't I read a thread that stated they were stopping production on these??? Guess I should try to find some of these :D

·
Registered
16 Posts

I agree with the first review, I just picked up a box of these monsters! I tried one it was excellent but showed it's youth towards the end. But in all, these will be legendary! let these age guys and then watch out!

·
Registered
87 Posts

MoTheMan said:
don't know if they're anywhere close to the Cohiba DC LE in profile, but I personally have enjoyed the DC's very much.
I smoked my first DC a few days ago. Darn thing was so good I had to go looking for more the next day! I almost cried when all I could find was a box for $870. :c

So, I wound up splitting a box of Sublimes with a friend instead! :D

Based on many reviews, including this one, I cannot wait til these get here!

·
Registered
781 Posts

i must say, i was personally dissappointed with the sublime. had 1 a couple weeks ago and will forget i have the rest for a while. that usually makes the next one better for one reason or another :)

the DC's however are super sweet and yummy! had 2 of those in 2 days.

jimmy
:tpd:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.