Cigar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cohiba Siglo VI: Had my second one of these last night from a box from ECA (Upmann) Abr03. Beautiful stick with the colorado wrapper. Cut and drew perfectly with that Cohiba Creaminess that I love. A bit spicy with some toffee undertones, it was just an awesome cigar-well worth the price. The only "new" cigars that I would compare it to are the Cohiba SRs and the Partagas Serie C#1s in terms of quality. It even had the little "cupalo(???)" onder the cap which showed me that they are being rolled by the best rollers. Rating: 95

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
i came this close to buying a box (twice- i would have purchased a box in cuba if they were ready... and i almost bought a box when i got home). but the rap on these seemed negative- this is the first favorable review i've seen. anyway, for that price, they should give you a bj too. ;)

·
Registered
272 Posts
I agree that these are very good right from the start. The one I smoked was still too wet but the gifter insisted that I torch one with him. I loved it, perfect draw and burn even though it was moist. Great spicey taste on the first puff. I don't know if I would give it a 95 yet but then I've always been stingy with ratings. These will mature beautifully and are worth the expense imo.

·
still puffin
1,001 Posts
little too much hype right now.they will become a regular part of the la linea line ...would be nice to try tho.just in case you wanted to know...in edmonton on tuesday at "la tienda" 52$can.(32 $us).

derrek:)

·
Registered
756 Posts
i got 2 in grand cayman last week. one for there and one to bring home. i enjoyed it greatly, and think it will just get better and better. can't quite justify a whole box yet to sit on and mature unfortunatly

·
Registered
272 Posts
I have smoked 2 more, from my own box this time. These are just a fantastic cigar. I had bought some Esplendidos a couple months ago from 02 cause I got tired of waiting for the VI's. I think the VI's are better. Maybe the best regular production cigar out there. But then the 01 Sir Winstons are pretty darn swell too.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I just smoked my first one of these over the weekend. A great new addition to the Cohiba Siglo Serie. I thought this cigar showed great promise for a well aged gem. Yes, a wonderful cigar now, but imagine in 10 years what this puppy will smoke like.

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
Note to self: I'm buying another box!!

·
Registered
331 Posts
I've burned 2 from my box so far and the first was so good I was almost afraid to burn the 2nd for fear of a letdown....I was wrong...these puppies are the real deal!!Man,are they gooood!!!:D

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have to agree that this cigar kicks the crap out of the rest of the Siglo line. In 4 to 7 years they will be excellent....no need to wait 10.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I smoked my first one of these this weekend. It was one from the earlier batches. I must agree... this is a great cigar! It had a nice sweet and rich flavor. The draw and burn was good. The only problem I had was that it started to burn a little hot with a couple inches of the end. I tend to find this more common with larger ring guages when the draw is just on the looser side.

Now.... to decide whether to get a box of these, or a Sir Winstons... decisions, decisions :w

1 - 20 of 31 Posts