Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow is this a potent little stick or what, hard to describe what I was tasting -nice though and a lot of it :D Starting to get a little "lightheaded" - ( I now know how a cat feels after playing with the catnip ball) :D Had to re light a couple of times as I was gooing slow with it, only bad thing about it was that it was over too soon.

I think I mighta had my first cigar buzz, or 1 sam adams light beer really kicked my candy azz. :w

joe

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Your first buzz and certainly not your last! Try one of those puppies first thing in the morning.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'll agree with the San Cris El Prince...my favorite tres petite...hands down. A big smoke in a little package for sure. :D

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
Mmm! Love that Siglo I.
Perfect when I want a Cohiba but don't have the time to smoke a whole one!!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Knocked me on my *ss! Was too good for words.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Just smoked my first one of these a couple days ago. Iv'e smoked all the other Siglo sizes. I always passed on trying these because of their small size and higher price than other same size cigars. Big mistake on my part! This is a very nice cigar with loads of cedar and spice. Very full bodied also. :D

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Although I don't consider myself to be a cigar wimp, that El Principe first thing in the morning grabbed me by the gonads till I cried out for mercy! Great cigar!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Lamar, that scene just makes me want to poke my minds' eye out!!!

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Love the El Principe, actually just ordered a box yesterday. They are a but kicker. I also enjoyed the Siglo I, the best Cohiba that I have tasted. I don't think the Cohiba taste is all that. I haven't tried the Boli Coronas Jr or the RASCC(which is also supposed to be really good). I like the Parti Short. That is one of my favs to smoke. Mini PSD4 IMHO.

Yeah love a good cigar buzz.

:pu

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Coppertop if your looking for some other strong small smokes, check out the LeHoyo line from H.D.M. The DuRoi (5 1/2X42) is awsome. Not just strong but very complex also. As far as Cohibas go, the blends unfortunately are very inconsistant. The Sig.1 is a good smoke and strong, great for a quickie. However the taste is the same pretty much throughout. The Cor.Especial is similar in taste, strength to the Sig.1, but more complex. A good robusto or Esplendidos when they are on, will blow you away. I've had a lot of them that were very unimpressive also. I also like the El Principe for a quickie. The SanCris. LaPunta is a great cigar also. (belicoso). Very different taste and aroma than most Cubans. :w

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Fredster thanks for the heads up on the HdM LeHoyo line. Checked them out and they're not too badly priced, but I don't have the spare cash right now. But I will pull the trigger on a box when I get the cash. Thanks.

As for the Cohiba line. I have smoked a Siglo I, Esplendido and took a few pulls off a CoRo. The Esplendido was good, but NOT worth the money IMHO. But as you say Cohiba line is inconsistent. The CoRo I tried tasted like a Don ASA, but the Siglo I was really good. So, I think I will be spending my money on more consistent lines of cigars.

:pu

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Hey Coppertop, I don't blame you, but if I only smoked the Cubans I haven't had bad experiences with, the list would be very short! A few years ago they were all inconsistant. For some reason, Cohibas still have some blend issues, even though the construction has been good. I smoked a CO RO the other night from a 3 pack (so don't know date or factory) unbelievably good! I smoke a lot of SerieD#4's ,and honestly would take that Co Ro over them anyday if they were priced the same. P.M. sent. ;)
Fred.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Fredster,

Yeah the list of "BAD" cubans that I have smoked is VERY VERY short. And surprisingly enough it only has one Cohiba on it. I would really like to get my hands on a good Cohiba. But fivers are to much and I would rather trade for one then buy one. Yes I read your PM before this, I replied back to you but I am going to send another.

Mike

·
Trout Hunter
4,529 Posts
Wow.....look at some of the names in this thread. Definately a ton of great input here, and the fact that MrC is always in the corner because he gets sick off nicotine. :tg

On a more serious note, I fired up a Siglo I from '05 compliments of Joed. Not alot I can say about this stick that wasnt already stated. A great cigar IMO. Rather complex for its smaller size. Still keeps alot of the characteristics of it larger brothers in this same line. I would love to see this cigar with 5 or even 10 years on it. It would make for one stellar smoke. This is a little more pricey, but if they are all this consistent, well worth the investment.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
These are indeed very good. The 1994 Sig Is are my "go-to" small smoke. Fantastic and complex little firecrackers, especially with 10+ years of box age.
Show Off :tg;)

I have not had the Sig I, but I like the Sig IIs quite a bit. I REALLY like the first half of them, but then sometimes they get a bit harsh near the end (these are fresh, BTW). I have not got the Is before before I was afraid the harshness might also be there but sooner.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts