Cigar Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently smoked both of these and since they are of similar size I figured I would do a double review.

The Cohiba Siglo I

I have been waiting to smoke one of these for a while and comtemplating buying a box. I recently acquired one and waited about 3 days before I smoked it. This is a dark tan little smoke (roughly 4 inches) with nice construction. Pre-light aroma was very pleasant. Toasted this baby up and took my first puff. Very nice flavor immediately. Many cigars take a while to get going in the flavor department but not this one. First few puffs tasted like a dusty barn and I mean that as a compliment. This little baby put out lots of smoke. It developed throughout changing from a grassy wood like taste to the dusty barn flavor. When I got down to the band which was impossible to remove it turned into a little powerhouse with the creamiest profile. Bottom line is...I loved this cigar.

The Trinidad Reyes

Another dark little beauty just a hair over 4 inches. I enjoyed this one at the Cigar bar on my street last night. Clipped the cap, took a pre-light puff, and I could tell I was in for a battle. She was drawing tight, so being in a rush I Just toasted'er up anyways. My first puff was labored at best but what little smoke a managed to get was tasty as hell. I could best describe it as hazy (some of you may no what I mean). I massaged the cigar and clipped a bit more off and was relieved to get a bit more smoke but not much. I inhaled the next few puffs and they were just as good as the first. This cigar tasted like no other cigar I have ever had. As I approached the halway point she opened right up and I finally began to exhale plumes of smoke. This cigar was smooth and tasty without a bit of harshness.

I would have to give this battle to the Cohiba Siglo I on the premise that it just smoked better and was nearly flawless. I can tell if this little Trinni didn't have the draw problems it would have been at least as good.

·
-
11,412 Posts
Re: Cohiba Siglo I vs. Trinidad Reyes

nice. the little trinis are getting rave reviews i see. i've only had 1 Siglo I, and it's the only cohiba i've really enjoyed.

i might have to put these trinis on my "to buy" list.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Cohiba Siglo I vs. Trinidad Reyes

IHT said:
nice. the little trinis are getting rave reviews i see. i've only had 1 Siglo I, and it's the only cohiba i've really enjoyed.

i might have to put these trinis on my "to buy" list.
Good Idea, the flavor was incredible....mmmmmmm!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.