Cigar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once again I must first pay tribute to my benefactor, Peeker (username changed to prevent mooching) for making this rarity available to me. This cigar, with its double band, apparently comes in a 30-stick presentation box. It's a big packagage of flavor in a small stick.

A lovely thing, it was covered in an unusual wrapper: dark brown, and glossy, but with black mottling, resembling tiger maple.

Ignition and liftoff, as well as burning, were perfect, but the flavor was incomparable. It started as a distillation (medium-bodied, not a powerhouse) of all familiar Habano flavors united in a perfect harmony. Shortly thereafter it assumed a wonderful flavor I've never detected in any Habano, including a Cohiba. I'm not good at describing flavors, but the closest I can get is cotton candy without the sweetness. It was not cloying, but simply delicious--almost sweet. Layered on top of the tongue-coating, elegant tobacco flavor, this nuance made the cigar something to pay attention to.

The corona burned for a LONG time: 56 minutes by my watch, and I wasn't puffing unusually slowly.

Thanks, Mr. P. for the chance to try this.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
You have just experienced one of the best cigars produced in the last few years. :)

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
thanks for the review... your friend "pecker" surely must be a generous person.

let me tell you about the one that got away. i contemplated buying a box of the reservas at the partagas factory because it was around $550 (can't remember the exact amount). but i thought i wouldn't be able to convince a customs official that they were worth less than $100 because the box looks conspicuously expensive. also, i had already purchased another box (cohiba piramides), so i thought this would be overkill. i did buy a box of esplendidos at partagas, and the clerk replaced the original price tag with one that said $72... that means the piramides were $28 (actual price was about $225)- and don't think i didn't work out a story for customs.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Absolutly love the Seleccion Reservas-best recent vintage cigar I've ever had. The esplendido is to die for with the piramid a close second. All are excellent!!!

·
Registered
756 Posts
personally lucky enough to have gotten 2 of these boxes after trying them. so excellent for being so fresh!
don't know how many will make it to a 'mature' ago, probably not many;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts