Cigar Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
still puffin
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
cohiba lanceros(el olsu...may'98)38rg x 7 1/2"

this is a very elegant looking cigar...simply beautiful.nice light colour(seems to me the better cohibas i have had are all light ones).no flaws with construction but a crack in the wrapper about 1/3 of the way from the foot(never affected the smoking).once again...no smell to speak of or maybe a little bit of "barnyard horse pee"kind of smell you get with younger habanos.

clipped and lit...ahhh heaven...was a bit disapointed that it was milder(at first)than a box of siglo1 that i am puffing through.as the smoke progressed the flavours and strength built.
tangy sour cohiba taste and a perfect burn and a perfect draw .
these smokes have a reputation for being hard to draw...well this was a perfect draw and can only think that if people waited 5 years to smoke em then there would not be the complaints about drawing tight.

i really think that cohiba cigars must have opium added to the mix...they are an aquired taste but i am finding that cohiba is aquiring me.i love my bolivars best but cohiba has moved to #2 on my list of goto smokes.will get these by the box next time in cuba.problem is it will take 4 1/2 years to bring them to this point as cohibas with more than about 6 months are not that easy to find there.

final mark...92/100 would be higher if the price was lower

derrek

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Excellent cigar. For the price, however, I'd rather have a La Gloria or Monte when it comes to that particular size.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My only Cohiba Lancero had a very tight draw. So much so that it had near zero flavor. I was so psyched about trying those too. :'(
One day i will try them again, ohh yes, one day....

Vic

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Re: cohiba lanceros

dvickery said:
i really think that cohiba cigars must have opium added to the mix...they are an aquired taste but i am finding that cohiba is aquiring me.
Tell me about it....I've barely smoked anything other than a Cohiba in the last 10 months. :) Not that it's such a bad thing. :) I wish I had some '98 lanceros..... ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts