Cigar Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
There's a goup out of Dominican Reepublic that makes large quantities of glass (clear plastic that is) top boxes of Esplendido. Now anybody would be a fool to think they were original Cohibas (especially if they paid $50-$100/box). But let me tell you this. These manufacturers use a blend that's Dominican mixed in with (I suspect) Habano tobacco and it's quite consistent. The final product is mild but tasty! Now, I'll say this again, it's not genuine Cohibe, but if you like it (like I do), hey, why not enjoy.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Poop

They are BOGUS. The humidor which Cohiba does not put in boxes is a sealed glass tube. Lets NO humidity out.

In fact , throw the humidor away, it might have serious bacteria in it........

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
MoTheMan said:
it's not genuine Cohibe, but if you like it (like I do), hey, why not enjoy.
My take on this:

The problem lies in the fact that for every box of fakes purchased, it funds the counterfitters to manufacture 10 or more boxes of fakes that flood the world. Just my opinion of course

·
Registered
430 Posts
Even those poor men need to make a livin! have a heart poker! :s

BTW more fakes out there may increase the supply on the "real" ones (just imagine all those poor suckers who buy $100 glass tops and would leave those real Esplendidos on the shelves to mature for you! LOL
(just using a bit of twisted logic here),,

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
There are pictures of the glass top fakes over in the Top 25 Cigar picture gallery. I encourage everyone to buy the fakes and leave the real thing to me! :w

·
Registered
430 Posts
poker said:
Heya ESP, long time no see my friend. I must admit, I have no heart for those folks who knowingly prey on those who just want a cuban cigar.:D
Hia poker! I knew you were a softy!
actually,I believe your sainthood is in order very soon, just a few more miracles, and bombing those folks with loads of stogies they would've never seen in their lives,, well sounds familar? :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts