171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cohiba Esplendido

Size/Shape: Churchill (7 x 47)
Origin: Cuba
Strength: Medium-Full
Wrapper: Cuban
Price Paid: Given as a gift

Was given this as a gift from my old man on my birthday before a round of golf. Had a couple years age on it already. Very nice cigar to look at, dark, oily wrapper, near flawless construction. Pre-light, had an earthy scent.

First tastes had the distinct cuban tobacco flavour. Nice full smoke. I had problems with the burn throughout, this was because I was outside on the golf course in 30-40km/h winds, almost a shame. Cigar had an earthy, nutty taste, very good. Thinking about this makes me wish I had another dozen. Flavours developed nicely as the cigar got shorter, much fuller smoke, more of a nutty/almond taste to it. The earthy taste was there throughout the stick.

I wish my torch lighter didn't die out on my, since it was a pain trying to fix the burn with a bic lighter (and my thumb thought the same). The cigar lasted a good couple of hours, which is perfect during a round of golf, made the day a bit more enjoyable since my game was far from being on.

Overall, easily the best tasting cigar that I've smoked, I know that these cigars are far from cheap, I was pretty excited to light this one up. I'd love to buy a box of these and have some age for years, they are definitely on my list of cigars to have again.

9.5/10

No picture taken, had it given to me before I hit the golf course, and it was lit up ASAP

· Registered
5,297 Posts
Thanks for the great review. Spot on. I have some of these waiting in the humi, good day to smoke during the Eagle game...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.