Cigar Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This really isn't a review, but I haven't seen anything on the board about these... I have smoked about 8 of these cigars and I really enjoyed everyone to the fullest, I find I am constently searching to find the 1 1/2 hour to enjoy this cigar.... I invested in several boxes and after I smoke each one I tell myself I have to purchase some more of these puppies... but then I guess I have that thought after almost all the cigars I smoke...I just have to figure out how to get a second mortgage on the house without telling my wife it's for cigars... I don't know if they are that good or I'm just a Habana Whore:w :w :w
Slippery Slope Head First :D :D :D

·
In Mojita Mania
614 Posts
I hadn't seen much posted on these either, but I finally got around to smoking one that was gifted to me and I have to agree. I thought it was a very good cigar!!!!! Going to make an investment in some of these myself.

·
In Mojita Mania
614 Posts
In that like Bman said, I too would have to find the time to sit down and enjoy this cigar (which would mean it would be a cigar I would only smoke once every couple of months or so), I would say yes it is worth the $ I have seen it advertised by at least one vendor, but I'm not sure it would be worth the price, which all vendors have it advertised for, as there is quite a discrepancy.

Marc

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lamar are they worth the price... to me at little over 600 per box or about 25 bucks a stik I would have to say yes, although I can't smoke them as my everyday stik...now if you know of a cigar at less cost as good, let me know I might need a 3rd mortgage also. I'll have storage problems also... might be time for that walk-in:w :w :D :D

·
Registered
212 Posts
come on guys a cohiba of this size, is without a doubt worth the price, what a pleasure to smoke.... flavorfull would be an understatement....but then again i do like my cohibas...:D

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I have a box sitting in the humidor that I haven't cracked yet. They looked like they needed some serious ageing. Maybe I'll have to give one a chance as they are nearing their one year anniversary!

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Iv'e smoked a couple in a sample pack. The ones I got definately need more age. I was not impressed at all. The Eslendidos is one of my favs, and I don't mind paying a lot if cigars taste great. I'm sure in a year or so they will taste much better, but the price on those to me is crazy. I can get V.R. Don A. or Part. Lucis for about a third of the price that taste way better now. Like I said they may be great with age, but I'm not willing to gamble at 30.00 a stick.:confused:

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
Catching up on past posts, I ran across this string.

Yes, without a doubt, I vote a strong thumbs for this cigar. I've kinda gotten the impression that the blend on this cigar deviates from the "usual" Cohiba blend a bit, but I find that the LE wrapper balances this flavor profile nicely. So far, I've smoked a few sticks coming from three different batches, from two different sources, and they have ALL been consistent, from the color to the burn to the smoke to the flavor. Only problem I've found is the hour & a half it takes to enjoy this stick fully!

Now some of you who know me have heard me say that yes, while I do like Cohiba, they are not a top brand for me. But this cigar is fast climbing the list of my all time favorites; in fact, I'm budgeting myself to buy another box just for storage.

Fredster, sorry to hear about your experience with this stick. Maybe one of the Gorillas can send you one from his/her collection to try again.

MoTheMan

1 - 12 of 12 Posts