Cigar Forums banner
1781 - 1800 of 1815 Posts

· Retired Chaos Designer
14,688 Posts
Ethiopia, Hambela Gora
light berry notes (strawberry & blueberry) up front with licorice/anise and chocolate malt on the backside. I’m gonna go a bit lighter on the next go around and see if I can get the berry notes to ’pop’ a little more.

· Registered
634 Posts
Something new, from Peats, Death Wish, to Black Rifle, Iron Bean, Kicking Horse all good. I just like variety.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I do the same thing, variety wise.
Latest purchase is Starbuck's French Roast. The 3lb bags are on sale at Costco for $12.99. I'm not a fan of most Starbucks coffee, because of the slightly scorched flavor. It's weird, because I don't care for it in the press, but it shines when brewed in the Chemex. I guess the bitter/burnt/oily is filtered out during the brewing process.

· Registered
9,161 Posts
Yeah I picked up the two lb bag above at Costo as well. The thing about Starbuck’s not supporting our Marines was false but they were caught up in using children from 8-13 years of age working them 40hrs a week for a daily wage of the cost of a Latte in Guatemala. Child labor and burnt coffee. Starbucks Sucks in my opinion. I know they’re plenty of large cooperation’s that do the same and I’m sure I’m guilty of purchasing! It’s a sad world…

· Registered
634 Posts
Yeah I picked up the two lb bag above at Costo as well. The thing about Starbuck’s not supporting our Marines was false but they were caught up in using children from 8-13 years of age working them 40hrs a week for a daily wage of the cost of a Latte in Guatemala. Child labor and burnt coffee. Starbucks Sucks in my opinion. I know they’re plenty of large cooperation’s that do the same and I’m sure I’m guilty of purchasing! It’s a sad world…

Agreed.
The problem nowadays is that if I

I hear ya.
The fact of the matter is that if I avoided purchasing, or using, products from companies with questionable and/or shady business practices, I wouldn't be able to buy anything at all🤨

· Retired Chaos Designer
14,688 Posts
Agreed.
The problem nowadays is that if I

I hear ya.
The fact of the matter is that if I avoided purchasing, or using, products from companies with questionable and/or shady business practices, I wouldn't be able to buy anything at all🤨
This is another one of the reasons that I started roasting my own. I can buy green coffe from small importers that buy direct from co-ops or actual individual farms and are transparent with everyone involved in the process. Plus I know that I can’t get anything any fresher.

· Registered
634 Posts
This is another one of the reasons that I started roasting my own. I can buy green coffe from small importers that buy direct from co-ops or actual individual farms and are transparent with everyone involved in the process. Plus I know that I can’t get anything any fresher.
I've often thought about trying that, but we have a small house and our kitchen is the size of a galley. Even with the recent kitchen renovation, (where we've maximized as much space as physically possible) there is no room.

1781 - 1800 of 1815 Posts