Cigar Forums banner
1721 - 1740 of 1765 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
I suffer from "analysis-paralysis" too. I got this one. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08CSVDCZB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's cheap, and works great with one caveat. It's only big enough to grind about 4 TBS of beans, which is a single 16 oz serving for me. Mrs. Skinsfan doesn't drink coffee, so it's no big deal.

It's a manual grinder and takes about 3-4 minutes to completely grind 4 TBS of beans. Hope this helps!
Thanks for the input :vs_cool: but a manual grinder is a no-go. I did give it serious contemplation but ultimately I know myself enough to know that would try my impatience. While the charm of envisioning Napoleon's army grinding their own out in the field is neat, and I do like old school stuff, I'll admit that's not for me. However, my salt grinder and pepper grinder are both steel burred and manual :smile2:

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Thanks for the input :vs_cool: but a manual grinder is a no-go. I did give it serious contemplation but ultimately I know myself enough to know that would try my impatience. While the charm of envisioning Napoleon's army grinding their own out in the field is neat, and I do like old school stuff, I'll admit that's not for me. However, my salt grinder and pepper grinder are both steel burred and manual :smile2:

damn...those are nice!!!!

·
Registered
555 Posts
No problem and understood! After a nearly 4 year hiatus, I started drinking a daily, single cup of coffee.

If I drank more, (or the Missus drank coffee), I'd probably spring for a good, electric, burr grinder. Those salt & pepper grinders are gorgeous.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Lavazza Intenso ground, in the French press.

I bought it on sale, $5.99, and have it on hand, because my monthly shipment of Black Rifle Coffee Club "Murder Out" beans don't ship until next week. I keep a bag of ground, for when I'm feeling lazy, and in case I run out of beans.

I'm a big fan of dark roast coffee, and this one is pretty good, though it's ground a little too fine for the press. I'd buy it again, on sale, but wouldn't pay full price.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Lavazza Intenso ground, in the French press.

I bought it on sale, $5.99, and have it on hand, because my monthly shipment of Black Rifle Coffee Club "Murder Out" beans don't ship until next week. I keep a bag of ground, for when I'm feeling lazy, and in case I run out of beans.

I'm a big fan of dark roast coffee, and this one is pretty good, though it's ground a little too fine for the press. I'd buy it again, on sale, but wouldn't pay full price.
OK I keep hearing about Black Rifle Coffee and you just convinced me to join the club and put my order in on one bag of Blackbeard's Delight Roast beans and a couple of boxes of Freedom Fuel Keurig Pods :grin2:

·
Registered
555 Posts
OK I keep hearing about Black Rifle Coffee and you just convinced me to join the club and put my order in on one bag of Blackbeard's Delight Roast beans and a couple of boxes of Freedom Fuel Keurig Pods :grin2:
I'm sure that you won't be disappointed.

I've only had the Beyond Black ground, which is really good, because I'm a fan of dark roasts. The Murdered Out is my favorite. My first bag was ground and, I liked it so much, I switched to the whole bean. I get one a month and supplement it with whatever decent dark roast ground coffee that I can find on sale at the grocery store.

1721 - 1740 of 1765 Posts