Cigar Forums banner
1701 - 1720 of 1765 Posts

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
I remember reading that Ohio was in the top 3 worst USPS wait times in the country. Everything I've sent or ordered this year within the past 1 1/2 months has been late. Some VERY late. The last order I got from Iron Bean took 9 days. It usually takes 2 tops.
April was like a month, iirc.
Can't remember because I've blocked most of this year out.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I remember reading that Ohio was in the top 3 worst USPS wait times in the country. Everything I've sent or ordered this year within the past 1 1/2 months has been late. Some VERY late. The last order I got from Iron Bean took 9 days. It usually takes 2 tops.
My last order from Black Rifle shipped on 11/29 and didn't get here until 12/11. I did laugh when I saw the "USPS 2-day Priority" label on it.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
some Kona natural processed, from Koa Coffee.

i buy something from them once or twice a year when they run some promotions.

J.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Black Rifle Company "Murdered Out" It's the darkest roast from Black Rifle and it's really smoky, smooth and not bitter at all.

Beans ground in a cheap little, manual burr grinder. The grinder holds just enough beans to make the perfect 16oz cup.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Office coffee, stale Folger's. I want to perform "seppuku"
Ok, not really, but this shit is nasty.

·
THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG!
29,733 Posts
Starbucks French Roast Via French Press all week Long!:vs_cool:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Have you tried the Major Dickason's Blend? If so, how does it compare?
I have tried it but that was months ago so I really don't remember -- I have a really bad memory:frown2: I would say that overall I prefer Peet's versus Starbucks (less bitterness) if that is of any help.

For a lighter-to-medium roast I also get Big Bang as my wife likes it and her nose & taste buds are superior to mine. However, she's not a serious coffee drinker (very sensitive to caffine), mixing a tiny scoop of sugar with a very healthy dollop of milk, which is why she finds Big Bang tolerable. Darker roasts are too bold for her palate but because mine is so weak I need the stronger ones to get any "flavor". It sucks, I wish I had her ability.

·
THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG!
29,733 Posts
Gonna be a plain old Maxwell House Week.:vs_cool:

Reactions: bearinvt

·
Registered
555 Posts
I have tried it but that was months ago so I really don't remember -- I have a really bad memory:frown2: I would say that overall I prefer Peet's versus Starbucks (less bitterness) if that is of any help.

For a lighter-to-medium roast I also get Big Bang as my wife likes it and her nose & taste buds are superior to mine. However, she's not a serious coffee drinker (very sensitive to caffine), mixing a tiny scoop of sugar with a very healthy dollop of milk, which is why she finds Big Bang tolerable. Darker roasts are too bold for her palate but because mine is so weak I need the stronger ones to get any "flavor". It sucks, I wish I had her ability.
Thanks!

I grew up on espresso and can't handle lighter roasts. If given a choice of weak coffee, or no coffee at all, I'd skip the the coffee altogether.

With the exception of their Italian espresso roast, I don't care for Starbucks coffee. Not a fan of the burnt taste.

The Major Dickason's has a rich, bold, flavor, without the bitterness. It's my "back-up" coffee that I buy when it's on sale. I buy it ground and use it when I'm too lazy to mess with the grinder.

·
Registered
314 Posts
... I buy it ground and use it when I'm too lazy to mess with the grinder.
I skip down to the local Peet's when we need coffee. I get it by the 1/2 pound to keep it fairly fresh and they grind it for me ("cone, paper filter grind, please" is all they need). I do want a good burr grinder so I can do it myself but get mired in analysis-paralysis of which one to get. I don't want to break the bank but I want quality, too. :nerd2: Suggestions?

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
I skip down to the local Peet's when we need coffee. I get it by the 1/2 pound to keep it fairly fresh and they grind it for me ("cone, paper filter grind, please" is all they need). I do want a good burr grinder so I can do it myself but get mired in analysis-paralysis of which one to get. I don't want to break the bank but I want quality, too. :nerd2: Suggestions?
https://www.amazon.com/KRUPS-GX550850-Precision-Espresso-PourOver/dp/B07Q622YLB

works really good and does not break the bank

·
Registered
7,110 Posts
I have this one, works great
https://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-Bu...11631375&sprefix=cusinart+burr,aps,229&sr=8-4

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Have you tried the Major Dickason's Blend? If so, how does it compare?
I have tried it but that was months ago so I really don't remember -- I have a really bad memory/forums/vb/images/Puff_2015/smilies/tango_face_sad.png I would say that overall I prefer Peet's versus Starbucks (less bitterness) if that is of any help.

I'd highly suggest trying Peet's Sumatra and Italian Blend. Both nice bold blends with nuttiness and never bitter as long as you are not over extracting.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I suffer from "analysis-paralysis" too. I got this one. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08CSVDCZB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's cheap, and works great with one caveat. It's only big enough to grind about 4 TBS of beans, which is a single 16 oz serving for me. Mrs. Skinsfan doesn't drink coffee, so it's no big deal.

It's a manual grinder and takes about 3-4 minutes to completely grind 4 TBS of beans. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Stumptown Hair bender blend this week.
it's quite nice.

but i still like their single origin ethiopian or indonesian better.

J.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
It's a manual grinder and takes about 3-4 minutes to completely grind 4 TBS of beans. Hope this helps!
i gave up on manual grinders.
got a few cheap ones, got a few expensive ones, none of them worked great, and i really got tired of grinding manually every day, don't want to work for my coffee in the. morning :)

finally broke down and got myself a Virtuoso+ grinder. NO regrets! :)

J.

1701 - 1720 of 1765 Posts