Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for the suggestions from everyone on how to run the contest!

Most people have never had a truly fresh cup of coffee and don't know what they are missing, I'd like to change that, so....

In an effort to spread some home roasted coffee love around the forum I am going to run the following contest:

1. Guess the number of UN-ROASTED beans in the French Press. All the beans are Un-Roasted so don't think there are any tricks involved, just a straight up "guess the number of beans" contest.

2. You will need to agree to PM me your address if you win as I don't have access to them yet. If you tell me how you like your coffee (light, dark, low acid, etc...) I will custom roast it for you. Otherwise you will get something I roasted recently. I roast every week so it will never be more than a week old when I ship it.

3. You must have a bean grinder as I don't want to send them already ground as they start to lose flavor once they are ground.

4. The contest will run for a week or until someone guesses the exact number, after a week you will need to guess within 25 beans either way, after two weeks the first one to guess within 100 beans either way will win.

5. You get one guess a day.

6. If you post a derogatory comment about the Washington Capitals or specifically about Alexander Ovechkin then you get an extra 25 bean leeway.
For example:
During the first week your post contains "I guess 99 beans" and the actual count is 110, you would not win. If your post contains something like "I believe most Washington Capitals fans are kid touchers and I guess 99 beans" then you would win!

6a. If you post something bad about the Pittsburgh Penguins or Sidney Crosby you will be eliminated from the contest and once I get your address I will bring my dog to bomb your yard in a different way :nono:

Here's the pic of the French Press with the beans. Included in the pic is the dog referenced in rule 6a.

Feel free to ask any question in this thread. Good luck coffee lovers!

·
Twerking ain't for Smurfs
4,858 Posts
I love coffee! I guess the idiotic Washington capitals would probae hate coffee, but I think there are 2348 beans in that French press...did I win?

·
LOB Underwater Director
1,622 Posts
I'm not a hockey fan, but I am a dog fan so I'm tempted to dis the Penguins so I can meet your awesome dog. I also really like coffee and I've never had a fresh roasted cup so the Capitals skate like they should be wearing little skirts and I guess 1435.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I love this contest. However, I will refrain from participating as I have umpteen pounds of green beans and roat 2-3 lbs a week and would not want to deprive someone of the joys of freshly roasted coffee...that said, the Capitals play worse than than the government governs.

·
CRT #1984, CRA #99974873
5,420 Posts
Never had a true fresh roast before... And I feel bad about calling myself a coffee junky.

450 beans, and Ovechkin skates like he has two left feet!

·
I ♥ |_|D
5,149 Posts
I'm guessing 1500. The number of "poles" the Washington Capital suck.

Although I hear one of them might be the pole of a Pittsburgh Penguin.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow, I'm pretty happy with all the interest so far, I was afraid this might end up a dud.

I'm guessing 1500. The number of "poles" the Washington Capital suck.

Although I hear one of them might be the pole of a Pittsburgh Penguin.
You were so close to a bonus bomb for the slam on the Caps, but you went too far. Try again tomorrow.

Nobody has got it yet, please keep trying.

·
The Krazy Kanuck
7,258 Posts
Well since I don't have a grinder, I'll have to throw caution to the wind...LOL LOL

The Penguins couldn't skate against a junior team, as seen by tonight's dismal loss to the Maple Leafs

:poke: :poke: :poke:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
****Day Two starts here****

Nobody really even dangerously close to ending it day one so let's throw in a bonus for day two, shall we?

The " pink ball" belongs to my dog and you are welcome to discuss the issue with him. He's about 95 pounds of doesn't like you very much.

Anyone who happens to win today and posts a pic of a dog that looks like mine chasing someone we will assume is nothung gets a nice 5er thrown in of some of my favorite smokes. You still get a 25 bean leeway for insulting the Capitals as well.

Good luck on day two!

·
CRT #1984, CRA #99974873
5,420 Posts
715 beans... And word on the street is that the Capitals are going to change their name to the Suckitalls.

Yeah, I'm going for lame insults.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts