Cigar Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a sample of these from OPT about a week ago or so. Gave them time to rest in the humi, and finally took one out last night to give it a try.

Construction: good to excellent. Of the 5 cigars in the sample, 2 were looking a bit rustic, with a few crinkles in the wrapper. Nothing horrible, but not exactly perfect either. The other 3, however, including the one I lit up last night, were perfect. Firm to the touch, but not hard. Smooth, vein-free wrappers.

Appearance: very good. These robustos are in a very dark maduro wrapper, that has a nice smooth sheen. The cigar clipped cleanly and took a flame easily.

Flavor: very good. As I smoked this down to the nub, I couldn't decide what it reminded me of more - La Gloria Cubana Wavell or Padron 2000 - 2 enjoyable robustos. This cigar had some power, which I started to feel in my stomach as I sat there enjoying puff after puff. There was a hint of licorice, but not overpowering, which would have been bad. For the most part, a good tobacco flavor, with a peppery kick in the back of the throat and the middle of the mouth.

Overall experience: excellent. Like I told Wayne in an email last night, as soon as I can scrape some pennies together, I will definitely order a bundle or two. I could easily see the Club Stogie robusto becoming my everyday smoke. With these prices, and a portion of the sale helping Club Stogie, it's a no brainer.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Sorry its taken so long to post my review.....really enjoyed this cigar...looked good, drew well, and tasted great. How does that quote go? "The greatest cigar I ever smoked is the one I am smoking now". All in all, once I add another humi and have some room, I see a bundle of these in my future. Great job Wayne!

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I have smoked 2 of the 5pack. The first was a little sponge, I think it may have been under filled. The second was firm and
a preety nice wrapper.

The scond tasted a little better than the first. Nothing shockingly great about this smoke but it was not bad either. When I am looking for not a "prime" smoke I would pick it up. AND they were cheap too!. 2 thumbs up

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I have smoked 2 of the 5pack. The first was a little sponge, I think it may have been under filled. The second was firm and
a preety nice wrapper.

The scond tasted a little better than the first. Nothing shockingly great about this smoke but it was not bad either. When I am looking for not a "prime" smoke I would pick it up. AND they were cheap too!. 2 thumbs up

·
Registered
323 Posts
Sorry this took so long, Wayne! Thanks for giving me a chance to sample these.

I have now had the pleasure of smoking two of these babies. Given the modest (OK, cheap) price, these are fairly well constructed and have a very nice looking marbled, maduro wrapper. The prelight was very...well...uh... "Padron-ish". (I'm guessing there's a fair amount of Nicaraguan tobacco in these.) The flavor profile was also similar to a Padron "K": nice, simple, clean tobacco flavor, but not as strong as a Padron. This falls into the category of "decent morning smoke" for me and, for this reason, I would prefer it as a petit or tres petit. All in all, a decent smoke at a more than decent price.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts