Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has it ever been discussed having an official Club Stogie Herf? I think it would would be awesome to get a huge group of Gorillas together for a monumental herf. I would think it appropriate if this herf were to be held in Minnesota. Let me know what you guys think.

·
HOT for HILLARY!!
3,591 Posts
I thought I remember one of the Minn guys saying indoor smoking was illegal in Minn. Would be one hell of a stress on a mill of the run local cigar shop to accomidate even a dozen guys.

I say we do it this weekend at Pokers....he'll never notice. Im not THAT far out of high school that I dont remember how to cover up after a house party.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Sounds great, except for the location. Minnesota is not easy to drive to or fly to. Being a relative newbie, I was wondering why Minnesota was even suggested.

As an alternative, I can recommend somewhere in Virginia as a place to herf...especially Richmond. Indoors smoking here in this tobacco state still is allowed (although, where I live in...in Northern Virginia, you see more and more smoke free places).

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I thought Minnesota because that is where PDS is from. Just a suggestion. :D

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I'm game on having one. Maybe we could do it in New Orleans around the RTDA show this summer. I would hate to force anyone to come up to Minnesota...plus we're trying to keep the summers up here a secret!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
There's a BIG herf every March in Minnesota. Usually towards the end of the month. The MNCSA holds a charity herf for Make-A-Wish. The last couple of years it's been at the race track. The Springfield Crew always tries to make it up.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Never been to New Orleans... so I think PDS' suggestion is my #1 pick.

Of course, Colorado is quite a place to be if anyone is interested... :D

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Matt R said:
There's a BIG herf every March in Minnesota. Usually towards the end of the month. The MNCSA holds a charity herf for Make-A-Wish. The last couple of years it's been at the race track. The Springfield Crew always tries to make it up.
Got a nice bottle of Havana Club at that herf last year!

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
pds said:
I'm game on having one. Maybe we could do it in New Orleans around the RTDA show this summer. I would hate to force anyone to come up to Minnesota...plus we're trying to keep the summers up here a secret!
Great idea!!! Do we have any Gorillas in NOLA? Of course, I've never been to GA so that's a great idea too.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
There is no way we are going to all agree on one location - we need to just pick a place and those who can go will go.

I still like PDS' idea of New Orleans with the RTDA show this summer. But I am willing to look at anywhere....

Here is the website regarding the RTDA show if anyone is interested. While we couldn't get in (well, those of us who are members could!), I bet we could talk to a lot of the members and maybe even herf with them!

http://www.rtda.org/tradeshow.html

·
Skeeter's Confidant
7,197 Posts
pds said:
That does sound good,been to New Orleans once but something happened :al

·
Registered
324 Posts
DonJefe said:
Well, I thought Minnesota because that is where PDS is from. Just a suggestion. :D
You know, I re-read my post and I hope I didn't come off as a total jerk...I was just curious.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
itstim said:
You know, I re-read my post and I hope I didn't come off as a total jerk...I was just curious.
Not at all! I understood your question in the spirit that it was asked. :D

·
HOT for HILLARY!!
3,591 Posts
If this were ever to come to fruition, we could have it in Pittsbugh and use my place as herf central. Big old house with a bar, grilling to your heats delight, and we can keep three kegs on tap at a time and you could feel free to smoke throughout the house. A 7-iron away from downtown Pittsburgh, Pirates games, nice hotels within walking distance, plenty of good stuff.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.