Cigar Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
6,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to watch this movie last night and walked out just awestruck. This movie was simply amazing. Suffice to say it contains some of the best acting that I have seen in years. I will start off this review by saying that I recommend this movie to all the LLG's.

This is a gritty emotionally charged drama that is boosted by the fine acting of its cast. Clive Owen, Natalie Portman, Julia Roberts, and Jude Law round out the cast. The basic story revolves around two couples and their torrid and tangled relationships. I must say that this movie is nothing like it seems in the previews. I took my fiance' to this movie thinking it was a "chick flick" and that it would be a nice romantic drama that she would enjoy. However, I ended up really liking this movie. It was an emotionally brutal movie. Not recommended for the easily offended. The dialogue was viciously clever in a way I have never seen before. I applaud the writer.

The performances by the cast were amazing. Clive Owens acting was visceral and brutally honest. It was the best acting I've seen in a long time and instantly made me a fan of his. Portman gives an Oscar-Worthy performance as a lonely wayward romantic. Both Roberts and Law give equally above average performances.

All in all it was a great movie. The first 25 minutes or so are kind of weird and quirky. I wasn't really sure what to think of the movie at this point, however the movie then takes a sharp change of direction and starts picking up the pace and before you know it the movie is over and you are left breathless. Simply put, this is a movie I will definitely own as soon as it comes out.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.