Cigar Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought that might grab your attention. Big fan of the history channel. Got me to thinking about historical figures who would have been interesting to share a smoke with. Jesus would have been cool. His humidor would never be empty! Others I would choose include in no particular order, Twain, Teddy Roosevelt, Nikolai Tesla, Frank Herbert, Robert Heinlen, Churchill of course: my list could go on forever. Anybody else care to jump in? Frank B

·
Registered
676 Posts
Re: What would Jesus smoke?

I thought about this, It would have to be my Father who past away in 87. Never did a chance to just set down and enjoy a cigar and talk. Second choice, Ted Williams or Babe Ruth, now that would be a good moment.

·
An ass, not a fish
4,476 Posts

Being a "fisher of men", I would expect he had a few "salomons" in his humidor. :confused:

Me, I would like to smoke R&J Churchills with Osama Bin Laden.

After the cigar, I could then strangle his scrawny ass. Nothing like a good smoke and a strangle to finish off a nice day.

·
Shags homely sheep
5,059 Posts

I like your list, especially interesting would be Tesla, would love to have a smoke with him. Athur C Clarke would be a great one too. Frank Herbert is that Mr Wizard....

Closest I 've come to a smoke with a celebrity.. Randy Jones, Cy Young winner with the SD Padres.. he likes Backwood's Smokes.

·
Registered
662 Posts

C.S. Lewis for sure. That would be amazing, he could pour his intellect upon me as he and I herf away. He's one of christian literature's most respected authors and he was a smoker!

Other than that, Doug TenNapel, one of my favorite artists/creators digs cigars and I hope to smoke with him when I see him this summer at SD comic con. He created Earthworm Jim.
-eef

·
Registered
949 Posts

I would like to smoke with Miyamoto Musashi. He is the Samurai that wrote the book of five ringd.

I also Would like to sit and have a smoke with the old martial arts masters....

Like Anko Itosu, Chojun Miyagi, kenryo Higashiona, Sokon Machimura and Roroku

·
Registered
107 Posts

I would smoke with my Great Uncle Virgil. He passed away before I started smoking cigars. I think of him almost every time I light up. JFK, Twain, Eleanor Roosevelt....those are a few historical people I would like to sit down and have a smoke with. Although, Eleanor fought for women's rights, I'm not sure if she would smoke with me. :D

·
Registered
1,327 Posts

NIkki Ziering

If I'm gonna have an unrealistic fantasy, BY GOD IT'S GONNA BE TOTALLY UNREALISTIC! (And don't even tell me that's not a HISTORICAL FIGURE!)

Mind out of the gutter, now:
Buncha military figures; George S. Patton, Chesty Puller, Carlos Hathcock, (THE Marine sniper), Churchill, maybe add Rudyard Kipling, (we could b!tch about wives together!), one or two of the Xavarian Brothers from my high school, Sir Issac Newton, (created calculus just to study physics...nuff said), and of course, George Burns.

SeanGAR said:
Nothing like a good smoke and a strangle to finish off a nice day.
Truer words were never spoken!

Scott"don'tknowmuchabouthistory"M

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

galaga said:
I like your list, especially interesting would be Tesla, would love to have a smoke with him. Athur C Clarke would be a great one too. Frank Herbert is that Mr Wizard....

Closest I 've come to a smoke with a celebrity.. Randy Jones, Cy Young winner with the SD Padres.. he likes Backwood's Smokes.
Galaga, do seem to recall Mr Wizard's last name was Herbert but am referring to the author of the Dune books.On reflection Mr Wizard would have been entertaining and enlightening as well. Frank B

·
Enjoying life...
4,742 Posts

Jesus would be so great to have a smoke with. After that I would like to have a smoke with my Grandfather when he was in his 30's. He died about five years ago. Then in no order, Mother Theresa, Frank Herbert, John Lennon, Tolkein, Ghandi, and so many others.

·
HOT for HILLARY!!
3,591 Posts

Patton, Locke, Reagan, Hitler, Jesus, Newton, Darwin (to get his take on his own theory now that science has progressed), Marx (He will go tag-team with Hitler against me and Patton), Socrates, Einstein, da Vinci, Jefferson, Franklin, Eiffel, George W (just want to see if he says "nucular" in private company, or if it is a tactic to bring him closer to "middle America"), and that Min-ron fellow

·
Banned
6,267 Posts

For me it would be a mix of different cultural figures.

First off would be Sinatra..... man now that would be a freakin' HERF!! Nobody messes with the Chairman, it would be fun to sit down and just shoot the sh*t with him. That would be an honor.

Second Hitler, now I know that some might have a problem with that but you still gotta admit that he was a big part of History.

Lastly would be my Grandfather, as he was a smoker and died when I was very young. I miss him.

·
Registered
803 Posts

Judging from my avatar Jesus herfed Monte #2's.

·
Sneaky Bombin Bastage
2,569 Posts

First...My dad and grandfathers. Would love to ask the thousands of questions I've thought of since they passed

Second...Cosmo Kramer

·
Skeeter's Confidant
7,197 Posts

catfishm2 said:
First...My dad and grandfathers. Would love to ask the thousands of questions I've thought of since they passed

Second...Cosmo Kramer
My dad,passed 12 years ago last month,Chesty Puller and how about this guy?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 108 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.