Cigar Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you guys clear a plugged stogie by poking it...I do,but I've known some guys who have thrown away premium smokes because they were hard to draw,and they couldn't massage the tight spot out.S%$t I poke the center of the offending Puro with a Stanless Steel rod to improve the draw,why throw away a cigar that costs as much as a 12 pack,or more...hell that's my take on it.What's ya'lls? ;)

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
smokemifyagotem said:
Funny - Ive been going thru this problem recently w/ a batch of smokes. I find that its kind of a trade off when poking them - the draw improves, but the flavor is always a little off from the start. Then they burn hot and usually have to be ditched early.
I guess its better than no smoke at all though... :)
I agree the flavor is off a bit,but settles in some,and to solve the tendency for the stick to heat up I just slow down and not hit on it so often.My overly thrifty upbringing makes it hard for me to spend damn good money on a cigar,and throw it away when it can be made to be almost as enjoyable as one that was rolled perfectly,or had no plug.Hell after several glasses of bourbon...your right smokemifyagotem :D it's better than no smoke at all :D

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hijack said:
I've only had one plug on me: it was a stale Punch from the supermarket. Humidor door was open, bad sign.

But, would a piece of a wire clothes hanger work? I think I fall into the 'dammit I'm going to smoke you!' camp (with nicer sticks. )
I tried a wire clothes hanger cut to about 7" in length quite sometime ago,but it had a tendancy to flex too much,and would try to come out the side of the cigar,so I thought about it a bit,and decided to try Stainles Steel rod that was as close to the dia.of the clothes hanger as I could find(I don't know what gauge that would be)...my bud had some rod layin around. I found some that was damn close,and cut a 8" piece...it works better than the hanger,but you better be lined up just right or you can ruin the stick anyway...I've been considering buying one of those drawpokers,as they do a better job of keeping the rod in the center of the smoke.I know there are purists,and elitists out there who laugh at the thought of "ruining" a cigar by poking it,but I'm just a "Longhaired Texas *******" who loves his cigars!So to poke,or not to poke...I guess it's all about whether you're willing to put up with a slightly altered smoking experience,or throw $10,$15,or more In the damn trash!
OK I'll get off my :sb now

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.