Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Jeep Lover
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's your stupid question for the day!:twitch:

I've been noticing moths when I smoke outside and only after I light up. I told a friend of this and he says he notices the same now. Day or night.
Am I CrAzY? Anyone else notice this? You think the smoke attracts them.

:dizzy:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Here's your stupid question for the day!:twitch:

I've been noticing moths when I smoke outside and only after I light up. I told a friend of this and he says he notices the same now. Day or night.
Am I CrAzY? Anyone else notice this? You think the smoke attracts them.

:dizzy:
I have noticed it too, but figured it was because I was smoking near a light. Haven't noticed it much during the day though, I tend to smoke after 10pm.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
guys.. I hate to break it to you.. but you've got.... CIGAR MOTHS. They hatch when you light the sticks up. I've got a proprietary method for dealing with them. Send me your cigars ASAP.

I can make this problem go away.

·
Immature Pufferfish
2,507 Posts
Maybe they are attracted to the light from your lit end. Try smoking less vigorously. :D

BTW, you only need to light the cigar once, not continuously light it all the way. :lol:

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
It's magnesium.

Moths are attracted to burning magnesium.

You won't see them if you're smoking cigars from that island that used be South of Florida before the 1950s.

If you do see them when you're smoking those cigars, the cigars must be fake and you might as well send them to ...

Well, anyone you want to, really.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
It's magnesium.

You won't see them if you're smoking cigars from that island that used be South of Florida before the 1950s.

If you do see them when you're smoking those cigars, the cigars must be fake and you might as well send them to ...

Well, anyone you want to, really.
Is that actually true? If so, awesome.

If you're just screwing with me, awesome, nice one!

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
Messin' with ya. Around here there are very few questions that can't be answered with one of the following:

Plume
Cello off/Cello on
Magnesium

Not that those are necessarily correct answers to anything, mind you ...

·
some say I'm a dreamer...
3,277 Posts
I wish I had an actual answer for you guys. I've never experienced moth attraction, I prefer blondes.

...damn it, that was supposed to be a 100% legitimate post. :(

·
"Keeping it lit"
6,899 Posts
It's magnesium.

You won't see them if you're smoking cigars from.......... really.
Dammit I stepped on a noobmine! Busted!
:laugh: :thumb:

Actually, there was a case of a Guy who smoked a moldy, fake C.C. and thought he saw a whole lot of weird things flying around! :nod:

I will look for the thread. If you find it before me, post it up!
I will send you something nice!

:rockon:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Funny that this post would go up as I was attacked by moths last night when I stepped out to smoke my Cohiba. I was seriously wondering for a moment if there was something in the soil of that island allegedly just south of Florida that was causing me to see moths or if there was something to the aroma of the cigar they loved. I was getting ready to go inside and tell my lady about it when I quickly realized it was the light from my iPhone as I was cruising the puff forums that was bringing them all over. I think some were aspiring pufferfish themselves. I am really glad I figured this out before shooting my crazy theories off to the misses, she has been looking for a chance to have me commited.

Good Times

1 - 20 of 28 Posts