Cigar Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
8,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm here in the tree hugging capital of America - Steamboat Spirngs Colorado. There is only one reliable warm place to herf, in the hot tub. I need to change my handle to iced prune finger boy.

Anyway, I have noticed that some stricks taste different. Is there something about the high humidity? Strong sticks still kick. Mild sticks seem overwhelmed by the humidity and in some cases take on strange flavor profiles. After the first day altitude doesnt seem to be the issue they taste the same on dry land.

One of my business partners Sam "The human rain delay" in the tub. There were girls a few before this pic but after puttin up with the cigars for a while Sams special bubbles sent em packin.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Da Klugs said:
I'm .....puttin up with the cigars for a while Sams special bubbles sent em packin.
Huhmmm. Two things come to mind. Either your new 20 sticks/day habit was changed your sense of taste. Or, your sticks taste different because your tongue has be draggin on the ground for a few days.. :r

·
Enjoying life...
4,742 Posts
Sounds like you have to alternate your stogie holding hand to let the other one thaw out in the hot tub. I thought chicks were into the bubbly? :r Must be the wrong kind.

BTW - What business are you into?

·
Registered
482 Posts
I wonder if the high chlorine content of the water causes the steam to carry chemicals to your nose and the cigar. Then again it could be all those hippies in the trees chanting against your evil ways.

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
I always thought that high humidity content affected tastes of the sticks. I believe that's why the reputation of Havanas became what it is. Travelers, merchants, and sailors would go to Cuba and smoke island made cigars (vs. ones made from tobacco imported to Spain and rolled in Seville) and claim that no other cigars would even come close.

·
Registered
258 Posts
MoTheMan said:
I always thought that high humidity content affected tastes of the sticks. I believe that's why the reputation of Havanas became what it is. Travelers, merchants, and sailors would go to Cuba and smoke island made cigars (vs. ones made from tobacco imported to Spain and rolled in Seville) and claim that no other cigars would even come close.
During the last few years I have frequented Mexicos shores several times a year. I can only say "They always taste better to me when I am there, don't know why" I always assume its been the high humidity and temps.

Call me crazy, but try this. This works great especially if you inhale slightly or smell your cigar smoke often during smoking. Turn on your kitchen oven, wait for it to warm of to 350 or so. Then open it up and inhale deeply through your nose. YUMMMM. Do you smell and taste that great cigar taste and smell again? With a Bolivar Gigantes this will even work the next morning...

Excuse me I have to light up. :)

·
Registered
904 Posts
Da Klugs said:
There were girls a few before this pic but after puttin up with the cigars for a while Sams special bubbles sent em packin.
OK if Sams special bublles sent girls packin whatever did you do to make Sam leave.

Never mind, I don't really want to know.

·
Registered
727 Posts
You should get fairly warm in the hot tub. The key is th keep your core warm, then blood will be ale to flow freely to your arms and legs. The reason your fingers, and feet anways get cold first is because your body pulls blood away from them in order to keep your vital organs warm. So stay a little deeper in the hottub, and you should stay plenty warm. There is my backpacker knowledge of the night...

·
Duke of prunes
537 Posts
:w ............I find that smoking in the Hot Tub is better than smoking outside and being cold.
As for the taste, there probably is a higher chlorine level in a public spa which could adversely be effecting your senses. I keep the minimum amount of chlorine in my tub and haven't really noticed any taste differences.

·
Registered
106 Posts
MattK said:
Call me crazy, but try this. This works great especially if you inhale slightly or smell your cigar smoke often during smoking. Turn on your kitchen oven, wait for it to warm of to 350 or so. Then open it up and inhale deeply through your nose. YUMMMM. Do you smell and taste that great cigar taste and smell again? With a Bolivar Gigantes this will even work the next morning...

Excuse me I have to light up. :)
what in the world made you try this?

looks like your having a great time Da Klugs :w :al

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.