Cigar Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Chimpus herfustus
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the aroma of a quality cigar. I can't stand the smell of cigarrettes. Besides the paper, they're basically tobacco. Why are they so different? Is it the type or quality of tobacco used or how it is cured?

SB

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
One reason I think cigars are better is that everything is natural. No additives and no filter. Cigar tobbaco is different from cigarette tobacco and is aged. The tobacco is grown in different type of soil than cigarette tobacco and that also accounts for the difference.

Cigarettes are mass produced with pretty new tobacco. The hand made cigars are carefully made with hand selected tobacco crop that has been cared for for a long period of time. Cigarette tobacco comes from the southern US for the most part in soil that is questionable at best.

Well, anyway, those are my theories from books I have read! :D

Hope this helps....

:cool:

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
Yup. Cigarrettes have additives that help keep them lit, etc. My wife smokes cigarettes & once in a while I will pick one up, hold it in my fingers, put it in my mouth & marvel at how tiny they are! :w

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.