Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to take this opportunity to welcome Gran Habano Cigars to CigarLive.com. This section will be dedicated strictly to these fine cigars.

George Rico of Gran Habano Cigars the maker of the new 3 Siglos and his father and master blender Guillermo Rico. George is a really nice guy and he and his fathers passion for cigars is extremely evident in talking with them.

With great pleasure let us welcome them to CigarLive.

George Rico and I at RTDA!

Daniel L. "Stogie"

Attachments

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
I love Gran Habanos, They are the reason I started smoking full bodied cigars. Great sticks at a great price. Mmmmmm Think i may go light one up now.....LOL

Welcome aboard, Glad to have you!!!!

·
Registered
877 Posts
Welcome! I love the Gran Habano VL Maduro... Not as much as my buddy though, that is pretty much the only cigar he smokes!

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Welcome aboard. #5 rocks!!!!

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Welcome to CigarLive!

Was lucky enough to go to a Gran Habano smoker yesterday evening at Ted's Tobacco. Really enjoy the #3 and #5 and also the GR Specials.

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had the chance to talk with George today on the phone and I have to say that he was very on board with being a part of the site. Good things to come.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I love the #3 and #5's...

Welcome

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Tried one over lunch

Stopped in a local B&M and tried one of the Gran Habano Corojo. Smoked great. Nice cigar at a nice pricepoint. Fantastic draw, great flavor. $4 stick/single. The stick was only a 4.5x50, but it lasted a full hour.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Ive never tried a Gran Habano. The #5 sounds good! That will have to be my next cigar!:)

·
Registered
75 Posts
You don't knowwhat you're missing Cigarista and LouZava. I tried a Corojo #5 churchill a couple of weeks ago and have gotten my fellow smoker friends to buy about 8 since then. I also tried the limited Imperiales 6 x 60, 2,000 bx. 20cigs./bx. @ $5.50. Mytake was that it may not have been as strong in flavor, not body, as the churchill, but was still a good smoke. I wouls say that if you get one of these let it sit out at room humidity for about 30 min. before you light it. It's because thering gage is so big, and a new cigar, that towards the end moisture can build up and cause you to work a little harder to keep it lit.
below are my tasting notes for the #5 Corojo Churchill
Cigar Tasting Book
Cigar Company: GRAN HABANO Cigar Name: COROJO #5 CHURCHILL
Cigar Size: Ring Gage: 48-50 Cigar Length: 6-1/2 - 7" Cigar Color: COROJO
Cigar Price: $4.50

Date: 03/04/2007 Time: 7:30 P.M. Place: CASCADE CIGARS, OREGON
Weather: SUNNY & CLOUDY
Cigar Make-up: Strength: Full Wrapper: Nicaraguan Corojo Binder: Costa Rican Filler: Costa Rican, Nicaragua Origin: Nicaragua
Cigar Smell: Nice spicy smell through the nose. Can tell that this may be a good cigar. Was recommended to me by a customer. He said that this brand was a medium to full flavor cigar.

Cigar Texture: A toothy corojo rapper with a little bit of oil on the wrapper. It also has a good solid firm construction to the body.

Cigar First Taste: The first hit of flavor is nice and spicy. There is also a spicy that I can't make out, but is nice on the palette. After the first 1/4" the cigar keeps it spiciness, smoothes out, and there's a slight pepper after taste. Had to breathe some through my nose to get the hint of pepper.

Cigar Ash Color: The ash is a medium to dark grey color. This means that the soil were the tobacco was grown has a higher iron content.

Cigar Middle Taste: The cigar doesn't burn hot and burns even all the way through the cigar. The taste is keeping the same spice flavor content. There is a hint of cedar on the back end taste of the cigar. This cigar is definitely an hour or more smoke. My recommendation is just to sit back and relax, preferably with a glass of Blantons Bourbon. The draw on the cigar is nice medium draw all the way to the end.
Cigar End Taste: Towards the end of the cigar the taste hit a little toothy spot. It didn't last long though. The cigar actually starts to smooth out in taste. The taste is still spicy in flavor and in smell with a little more pepper on the palate. I put the cigar down with about 1/3" left.

Cigar Final Comments: All in all the Gran Hubano, Corojo #5 Churchill was a fine smoke, especially when it only cost $4.50. I would rate it as a medium to full bodied cigar, with nice flavor that lasted throughout the cigar. I don't know about you, but I will absolutely buy some more of this cigar, and look for any other brands that this company makes, in the future.

I would just like to say thank you to the Gran Habano Comp. for making a wonderful line of smokes. I have also tried the trey Siglo and thought that it was a good smokeas well. I just need to light up a #1, #3.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Always great to see one of my most supportive vendors on the site. Welcome and look forward to your contributions.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts