Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Enjoying life...
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you stogie veterans use those little cases to carry your cigars with you? They usually are for singles or 2-3 at most. Do they protect the cigars well and are they worth it?

I'd like to get one that holds one or two cigars so I can bring them with me places without worrying about damaging them. Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Banned
8,745 Posts
Jeff said:
Any of you stogie veterans use those little cases to carry your cigars with you? They usually are for singles or 2-3 at most. Do they protect the cigars well and are they worth it?

I'd like to get one that holds one or two cigars so I can bring them with me places without worrying about damaging them. Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Jeff
Over time you will probably end up with lots of different types of these. I started oiut with the ammo box style holds about 20 cigars in little indentations. It's kinda bulky though and you look dweeby carrying it around.

Bought a nice Leather 3 sleever which fits in a jacket pocket and telescopes to hold any length cigar. This is the short tripper or fancy pants nite out stick holder.

Got a smaller otterbox (Plastic hard shell foam lined) holds 5 sticks perfect for golfing.

The zip lock bags you get with singles work just fine as well.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I've got a 3-Finger Alligator Skin case. I can either put 3 smokes in it, or 2 and a drymistat humidity tube. I highly recommend one. Do a search, just about every retailer out there sells them. The imitation ones will obviously cost much less.

If I go out of town for an extended period, I'll pick up a travel humidor with a bigger capacity.

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
I like my freezer strength plaxtic bag.

Then, sometimes, I'll use a Halliburton carrrying case instead.

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
A little otterbox is perfect & affords the ultimate protection. I've got any number of cases & traveldors around here, but am so spoiled rotten that am thinking of taking a locked 100 count humi as a traveldor next time I go traveling! ;)

·
Registered
21,743 Posts
When I want to carry one or two sticks I usually throw them in a freezer bag and have the wife carry them in her purse for me. When I go out of town I bring my Cigar Caddy, holds 5. I also bought a 18-cigar model to take to herfs. Yes, I think they are worth it.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I use a zip lock or my dorky "crush proof armored humi". It looks more like a small hand gun case rather than a humi. Works great though.

Heres the link if you want to check them out: armoredhumidor.com

·
Enjoying life...
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the suggestions. Right now I'm leaning toward a 3 cigar case, but we shall see. Something that can go in my jacket pocket is about all I need.

Jeff

·
Registered
419 Posts
Use an ostrich skin case. Holds 3 moderate ring gauge cigars and looks cool to boot. Not woried about humidity affecting the cigars no longer than they are going to be in the case. Frank B

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
I use a Armored Humidor Systems traveldor it hold 8 sticks, airtight, and supposely almost indestructable....

·
Definitely not a puff fan
1,804 Posts
I have one of the Csonka travel humi's. Holds 4 cigars, the built in humidifiers work well, but the plastic hygrometer is crap (of course). I use it quite a bit on short trips, its also great for the car or keeping a couple of smoke at the office. It also makes me look :cool:

·
An ass, not a fish
4,476 Posts
I have 32- and 5-stick otter boxes that I like, but for an evening with 1-2 sticks, I reuse the tubes from tubos cigars if the cigars I plan to smoke will fit them. I find it less obtrusive and looks less like a purse.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Jeff said:
Just found a 3-cigar leather adjustable pouch on ebay. They want $30 for a buy it now, plus another $5.75 for shipping. I'm too cheap for that. :BS

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=38039&item=6145789301&rd=1
A three-fingered case sounds like it would work just fine for your needs.
Eventually, you'll most likely find that you'll want a couple different sizes for different size cigars. To start off with, I would look into a case for robustos/toros, that way you can use it for smaller sized smokes, like coronas, as well.

I know JR has a deal going on right now on cases with cigars included - Might be worth a look.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
I usually use a zip lock bag if I"m going out with the guy's but If I"m going to out for dinner and cigar I take my three finger holder.

I just picked another one up at my local shop for 19.95... Just look around, you'll see these all over for this price or less. I see them for $20 - $25 including cigars a lot in some of the mail order catalogs.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I'm so "un-so-fist-tee-cadid" I use a zip lock and a glass case holder.

Actually very impressive here in New Hampshire.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.