Cigar Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my humidor reads between 68- 73 temp and 63- 70 humid however my cigars feel firm until I'm into then they become somewhat soft and harder to draw any comments to why?

·
Registered
283 Posts
soft and hard to draw sounds like wet, is your hygro calibrated? most hygrometers, especially the cheaper ones, are off by as much as ten or fifteen degrees RH.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Kesler said:
my humidor reads between 68- 73 temp and 63- 70 humid however my cigars feel firm until I'm into ... then they become somewhat soft and harder to draw any comments to why?
That's what my wife complains about! (sorry couldn't help it) :p

But on the more serious note, sounds to me like your cigars are too wet, have you ever tried the climmax beads? they have two products - one 70% the other 65% and both work very well. www.climmax.com

·
Chimpus herfustus
745 Posts
The Band Test

The bands are applied to the cigars at the factory and snugged down around the cigar under "perfect" conditions. If you can easily rotate the band around the cigar at home then it is probably too dry (or at least drier than when the band was applied). Inversely, if the band is immobile and fits tight then the stick might be wet and swollen. Not a perfect method to test for humidity levels but it should give you some indication of the problem. My guess: too wet.

SB

1 - 4 of 4 Posts