Cigar Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if I am posting this in the wrong area. I figured this might be the best area.

Was looking for a cigar app tonight. Kinda wanting something where I can log in my humi stash. Maybe be able to identify cigars, store pics, etc. Does or has anyone here used Cigar Register before? What did you think? Does anyone know of another decent app worth using? Let me know what y’all think

·
Registered
Anything in the general Robusto/belicosos size roughly
1,108 Posts
I have used the Cigar Geeks app for years now and like it.

Holds all the info I could possibly want except pictures, which I personally don't care about

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
373 Posts
I second the Cigar Scanner app and it's free for my Android. It does a decent job of scanning an image or the bar code of a cigar to find out what it is or come close. As your database grows larger the opening of the app takes longer and input lagging sometimes occurs for me, so sometimes I have to close it and relaunch it.

If I could export my data into another app to test I would. The Cigar Geeks app appears to be over for Apple products. A search shows the app is still available for Apple for a price.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried looking for the cigar scanner app, I think it may be just android based I can’t seem to find it on my iPhone

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
well...what do you know...big brother that takes care of us because we are incapable of doing so has banned it...because "it promotes tobacco use"....

·
Registered
Anything in the general Robusto/belicosos size roughly
1,108 Posts
I second the Cigar Scanner app and it's free for my Android. It does a decent job of scanning an image or the bar code of a cigar to find out what it is or come close. As your database grows larger the opening of the app takes longer and input lagging sometimes occurs for me, so sometimes I have to close it and relaunch it.

If I could export my data into another app to test I would. The Cigar Geeks app appears to be over for Apple products. A search shows the app is still available for Apple for a price.
Nevermind, misunderstood your post

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
373 Posts
Sorry iOS people, looks like Apple is more concerned about your health than you are!😂 Kidding!!!

You can use a web browser for it: Important News: Cigar Scanner Banned From Apple App Store
I prefer the phone app. I don't use the browser version so I can't speak to it fully. However, it looks like you can take a picture of your cigar and save it to your device, go into the web page and click the "Scan" button, then click the "Take picture" where you will be allowed to select the image file and upload it for searching (I just tested this on my laptop). If you want to scan the bar code then you will need to allow the device's camera to take pictures for the bar code scanner. So it is doable.

Cigar Scanner is free but you do need to create an account, which makes sense. Everything you do is available thru the app and the browser so you can use either method as you wish so nothing is "stuck" in your phone or computer. This does mean an internet connection is necessary when using Cigar Scanner.

I have no affiliation with them, just a satisfied customer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.