Cigar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greatest pet peeve is that friend who smokes cigars, but never seems to bring his own to outings, but is quick to bum one from you everytime. Maybe that's just me...

Grinch OUT!

G

·
The person who mooches a cigar to smoke then doesn't smoke it. I don't mind sharing but asking for a cigar then saying your saving it for later and not smoking kinda burns me.:mad:

·
Registered
239 Posts
having someone, especially a newbie say a cigar has notes of this and hints of that. I have been smoking so long now that either you like a cigar or not.

·
Registered
291 Posts
When you give some one a very nice cigar and they smoke it but only half way then pitch it. Nothing is worse than seeing a half smoked cigar being tossed away:c

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's a good one, Treyjo43, I've forgotten that one. Had some good friends do that to me.

What about a friend who goes into your humi to get a cigar and immediately goes for your off limits smokes that are clearly marked OFF LIMITS!!!

Grinch OUT!

·
Registered
258 Posts
dagrinch said:
Greatest pet peeve is that friend who smokes cigars, but never seems to bring his own to outings, but is quick to bum one from you everytime. Maybe that's just me...

Grinch OUT!
I knew someone like that once:sb ...God rest his soul:rolleyes: .

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Gifting a cigar to someone and then seeing they are auctioning it at Yahoo Auctions pissed me off.

Co-worker years ago had a hot date & wanted to impress her. He came over begging for a fine Havana cigar. Being a nice guy, I gave him a 1996 MC #2 to enjoy. The following Monday, I asked him how it went. He said he lit the cigar but stomped it out after a few puffs because it was too strong. ARGH!!!!

The 3 month newbie aficionado know-it-all's amuse me.
Also the "parrots" as I call em. You know, the ones who dont know squat except what they have heard yet repeat & preach it like they thought it up.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
i don't think i have pet peeves, but i've been peeved a few times... 2 things come to mind.

the first was when i bought some 97 mc2s in taipei (almost 30 usd ea)... they were so good, i had to change my underwear after smoking one. one evening i gave one to a friend... he stopped smoking half way and put it in his cigar saver to "save it for later." KILL!

another friend of mine thinks if a cigar doesn't draw like you're smoking it thru a straw, then it has a bad draw and he complains. in fact, that's the first thing he mentions when he lites up... good draw or bad draw. when he comes over for a smoke (we smoke my cigars) i get a headache because i don't want to listen to it. but, then again, last time he came over he gave me a genuine counterfeit cuban from jrs... oh boy.

other than that i'm a perfectly content, happy little cigar smoker.
:D

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
flipflop said:
People who start cigar pet peeve threads. ;)
sorry you feel that way, flipflop.

Grinch OUT!

·
Registered
291 Posts

...The 3 month newbie aficionado know-it-all's amuse me.
Also the "parrots" as I call em. You know, the ones who dont know squat except what they have heard yet repeat & preach it like they thought it up. [/B]

Definitely agree here, and to add...these same newbies who carry their pocket Perlman's, and subcribe to CA, who suddenly become the cigar experts and become more knowledgeable about fine cigars than those who have been smoking for decades.
:w

·
Registered
68 Posts
LMAO!!!

I am a newbie, I can even pick those guys out. Another thing I cannot pick out of a cigar are those hints and notes of diff flavor. O.K. we all know that a cigar stored in a humi lined with cedar is gonna have a hint of cedar in it. Once in a while I might taste cocoa in a cigar, but not much and I am not even sure if my mind is making it up or not. When I first started, I could not even begin to imagine when/how I would taste all those different hints and notes. Now I am begining to think those guys don't really know what they are talking about.

I do know a guy who gives reviews like that. He is an experienced cigar smoker and I still don't understand how he does it. Do you think he is B.S.in me??

phil

·
Registered
68 Posts
poker said:
Co-worker years ago had a hot date & wanted to impress her. He came over begging for a fine Havana cigar. Being a nice guy, I gave him a 1996 MC #2 to enjoy. The following Monday, I asked him how it went. He said he lit the cigar but stomped it out after a few puffs because it was too strong. ARGH!!!!
So you found out later that he sold it on ebay??

What a jerk!!!

·
HOT for HILLARY!!
3,591 Posts
When Im at a house party and some kid who Ive never met wearing pants 6 sizes too big for him asks me if he can have a hit off my blunt...and if its strawberry or vanilla flavored.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts