Cigar Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my new Antietem Humidor from Bargain Humidors and I'll write a review of it and post some pics tomorrow. But for now I have a question. I've never had to condition a humidor with a cigar oasis before, I've just added them to humidors that were already in action. So I got to thinking with passive humidification you need to wait 3-7 days for passives to raise the humidity to the required level before stocking the humidor, but with the cigar oasis it's already up to where I want it because of electronic humidification. So i'm thinking I don't have to wait for conditioning. The atmosphere is already at 67% and if the wood needs more moisture the Cigar Oasis will kick on and not rob it from the sticks. Does this sound logical to you guys?

As you can tell I'm anxious to stock it.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Cartierusm said:
I just got my new Antietem Humidor from Bargain Humidors and I'll write a review of it and post some pics tomorrow. But for now I have a question. I've never had to condition a humidor with a cigar oasis before, I've just added them to humidors that were already in action. So I got to thinking with passive humidification you need to wait 3-7 days for passives to raise the humidity to the required level before stocking the humidor, but with the cigar oasis it's already up to where I want it because of electronic humidification. So i'm thinking I don't have to wait for conditioning. The atmosphere is already at 67% and if the wood needs more moisture the Cigar Oasis will kick on and not rob it from the sticks. Does this sound logical to you guys?

As you can tell I'm anxious to stock it.
If the humi is maitaining at 67 over night I say stockit the bad boy up. Also If I am not mistaken I do believe that the cigar oasis can be used for rappid conditioning of humidors in little as 12 hrs. So I say it again in my opinion it should be fine and you can start stocking it either tonight or tommarrow at the earliest. Just my$.02. Cant wait to see the picks of befor and after it is stocked.

·
Banned
8,745 Posts
Fire it up. The conditioning with active humidification is much less of a concern. The needed moisture for absorption into the cedar is being constantly replenished by the device a much more readily active source of humidity vs your cigars which are passive. If you are paranoid get it up to a higher humidity (69 vs 68 for example) than you have stored your cigars before you load. Then the cigars and cedar are both net absorbers (word?) of humidity.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Da Klugs said:
Fire it up. The conditioning with active humidification is much less of a concern. The needed moisture for absorption into the cedar is being constantly replenished by the device a much more readily active source of humidity vs your cigars which are passive. If you are paranoid get it up to a higher humidity (69 vs 68 for example) than you have stored your cigars before you load. Then the cigars and cedar are both net absorbers (word?) of humidity.
Thanks for saying it better than I. That was what I was trying to say but I just couldn't spit the words out right. :al :w

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for everyone's quick responce. I'm sick but I set up this 70's disco club in town and I have to go check out the hotties, I mean new bartender. But I'll come back start to stock it.

I mean I set the place up and I don't own the club but it's like I do and damn if I can't even enjoy the fruits of my labor by lighting up in my own place! :c

·
Registered
882 Posts
Cartierusm said:
Thanks for everyone's quick responce. I'm sick but I set up this 70's disco club in town and I have to go check out the hotties, I mean new bartender. But I'll come back start to stock it.

I mean I set the place up and I don't own the club but it's like I do and damn if I can't even enjoy the fruits of my labor by lighting up in my own place! :c
70's disco and hotties, sounds fun. Smoke something good in celebration of the new club that you set up but don't own and stocking the new humi. :al :w

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Cartierusm said:

Get well soon, so u can post us some pics of your new Antietem Humidor !

Regards

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.