Cigar Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all-
i have an oasis in my new coolerdor. working out nice so far. however the oasis won't shut off. i tried turning it all the way down, and it just runs nonstop. got to 71% earlier. the only way i have been able to shut it off over the past week is to unplug it. i don't want to have to worry about that when i put the coolerdor in its final resting place in the basement and not worry about it. just monitoring it while it's new for now.
any suggestions, people had this happened, etc....?
thanx in advance for anything
jimmy

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
There's a tiny dial switch that should allow you to roughly set the humidity you want. If it's not working then it's defective & should be returned.

MoTheMan

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
definitely moved the dial. that's what i meant by trying to turn it all the way down.
jimmy

·
Light's on..No one's home
371 Posts
Hi Jimmy,

Had the same thing happen when I first started using mine. If you look, you will probably find out that your Oasis floral sponge is dry.

Take the bottom part off the Oasis, this is the part that holds the distilled water, and look in the two holes at the floral sponge to see if it is dry. If it is dry pour some more distilled water in the two holes and let it set for a few minutes then pour any excess water out and reconnect. Should run fine at your old setting until it runs out again.

You can usually do this for three or four times and then the piece of floral sponge gets too hard to work anymore. Then you must buy a replacement cartridge......OR.......
When you have the bottom part off you will see a seam all around the middle. Get a butter knife or something similar and slowly and carefully seperate the bottom of the Oasis along the seam. Take out the floral sponge. Then go to a hobby shop or a florist and buy a brick of the floral sponge, make sure it is the one that absorbs water. Then cut a piece off the same size as the one that was in there. You can then put some distilled water in the bottom and then the new sponge and snap the two pieces back together, or put the new sponge back and snap the two pieces back together and pour the water in through the holes. A lot cheaper this way than buying replacement cartridges.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this particular oasis and cartridge are brand new and i checked it, not empty. plus the RH is still rising, so i would doubt that was a possibility. went through that same situation already with my first one.

also, i have never bought another cartridge or had to pull it apart, i just use a measuring cup and pour distilled water through one of the holes, that has worked for me for a while now, and much cheaper i would imagine too. i have refilled a bunch of times now and havent noticed it getting hard or not retaining water...guess i'll see

thanx
jimmy

·
Registered
410 Posts
Hmm..
where did it come from?

Certain retailers stand behind thier products better than one would think...
I would give them a call..

Hb

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hope it doesnt resort to that. i am gonna give it a few more days and see if it works out the kinks.
thanx
jimmy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts