Cigar Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With so many members, I thought it would be cool to see
how we organize our cigars. Thru reading this site, I see some of us have 1,2,3 humidors, humi-furniture and humi-closets... but
each person has their own way they want their cigars kept - by size, brand, quality (good ones in the back), year... aging, habano or non-habano.
I currently have 2 humidors, one for Habanos and one for
Non-Habanos. In both boxes, I keep the best/hard to come by on the right side. The rights side is also where I use to age my cigars.
Am I anal retentive? Probably.. but we are collectors and I am
interested in knowing how we organize our collection.
Bruce5

·
Registered
623 Posts
I welcome you if I haven't already.

I store my cigars in their original boxes. I also have three other very large boxes, one for singles recieved in trade/passes. Another for rare singles and the last is for the doubles from the boxes once they get low. Aging sticks go on the bottom shelf, smokeables on the second and singles on the top. That all for the Cubans. The Domestics are kept in a 100 ct. desktop. I am however in the process of converting a bathroom into a walk-in humi/celler. After that it's anyones guess as to how I will organize. I will have a 8'x9' wall covered in shelves to fill, :D HA :D HA :D HA!
My wife is gonna kill me before it's all said and done!!!

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
No special organization but I like to keep all cigars in close contact with cedar as much as possible.

Having a closet humidor I like to store cigars in their original boxes and I have the boxes stacked and arranged at least with some kind of order, i.e. Island on one side and Domestics on another.

For bundles, I'll often (but not always) take them out and place them in an empty cedar box that I'll stack, although sometimes (for cheaper bundles) I'll just store the original bundles.

For my single cigars, I'll either have them in plastic bags with strips of cedar in the bags or sitting along with other assorted cigars in an open desktop humidor that I have stored on a shelf.

The advantage of a closet type humidor is that having a humidifier keeps the air circulating and keeps it from getting stale, although Min Ron NEE in the Encyclopedia hints that circulating air ages cigars too rapidly for their own good and robs them of flavor & strength.

Well, that's my two cents.

MoTheMan

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
P.S.

P.S.

Hey jack, I wanna see a picture when you're done . . . something to get all excited over.

MoTheMan

·
Registered
76 Posts
:u :u I have a cooler that I keep unopened boxes in for purposes of aging.

My desktop has two layers. Top layer is mostly singles that are ready to smoke. The bottom layer is already-aged stock moved from the boxes in the cooler.

I also keep a dry box that I use occasionally for brands that I think smoke better a little drier.:u

1 - 6 of 6 Posts