Cigar Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend is really starting to p*ss me off. He loves to smoke Backwoods honey dipped cigars. (in the pouches) I have been trying to get him into smoking quality cigars. I have let him smoke my Padron's, CAO's and a few 3 to 5 dollar sticks. When i ask him how it is, he always replys, "ah, its okay..., nothing special". Then he goes to the cigar shop and picks up brands i have never hear of, and says they are awesome. I swear he does this to get on my nurves.

What is up with him? Does he say that my sticks are bad, just because i gave hem to him, or what? It really is starting to get to me. What do you guys think i should do about my "Cigar Hater" friend? :c

·
Registered
107 Posts
Your friend doesn't hate cigars, your friend just doesn't like the kind of cigars that you like. Like I posted on a similar thread......you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. Let your friend decide.....if your friend has tried your cigars and still wants to pick out his own, let em. More cigars for you!

·
Silverback
2,656 Posts
crazyguy117 said:
My friend is really starting to p*ss me off. He loves to smoke Backwoods honey dipped cigars. (in the pouches) I have been trying to get him into smoking quality cigars. I have let him smoke my Padron's, CAO's and a few 3 to 5 dollar sticks. When i ask him how it is, he always replys, "ah, its okay..., nothing special". Then he goes to the cigar shop and picks up brands i have never hear of, and says they are awesome. I swear he does this to get on my nurves.

What is up with him? Does he say that my sticks are bad, just because i gave hem to him, or what? It really is starting to get to me. What do you guys think i should do about my "Cigar Hater" friend? :c
different strokes for different folks at least you tried to get him away from them. some just dont see the light. Dont get too mad about it.

·
-
11,412 Posts
some people use the term, "palatte of a billy goat".
and then there's some who just don't appreciate a good cigar. coppertop and i have a buddy/co-worker who is that type of guy, so we never bought him/gave him any good smokes. he asked us why we buy another buddy of ours good cigars when we're on the road and not him? because he's unappreciative of them... so what's the point?

i say, let him enjoy his backwoods cigars... you keep smokin' what you're smokin and enjoy what you have.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
He must be a good friend because in the male of the species, friendship is defined by the ability to give and take insults. Insulting is the basic bonding mechanism in males whereas listening is the basic bonding mechanism in females. Your friend is normal and a good friend because he can comfortably give you a ration of shit and upset you. It means he likes you. It means he can never admit you have something good because it would mean he should compliment you. Read above and understand why a male friend would NEVER compliment another male friend.

~Sigmund

·
Registered
55 Posts
I pretty much have to agree with everyone else, you tried to make him see them light but he for some reason does not like what you like, so i say just do not give him anymore smokes.

·
Registered
904 Posts
txmatt said:
Chalk it up to this, there is no accounting for bad taste........ When you smoke a Tamboril and hate it as most people do; do be sure to send it to Da Klugs because he loves them!

-Matt-
Hey I just won two five packs at auction for a buck a pack. Tried one and flung it about half way. Figure with some time they may at least be black fly smokes.

Crazy: Your friend may like em though. Anyway guys like that you just give em the under $1 smokes and save the good stuff for others.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Everybody's tastes are different. You tried exposing him to some good smokes you like, and he doesn't care for them. I wouldn't sweat it, save your smokes for yourself or someone who does like them and let him enjoy his Backwoods.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
crazyguy117 said:
Then he goes to the cigar shop and picks up brands i have never hear of, and says they are awesome.
Ummm, these 'other' brands....that you have never heard of....are they real cigars? Thought about trying one? Maybe not if they are like the others you describe :)

·
Registered
676 Posts
Originally Posted by MocoBird
You need to find yourself a new friend!

Hey Crazyguy I'll be your friend, love to fish, don't hunt, but I will kill for a good gigar, I'll send you my addy and never turn down a cigar gift, Don :D When first I saw the Post I thought you were taking about a girlfriend or wife, because my wife is a smoke of any kind hater.
Just buy a bag of backwoods at the Grocery store and keep them handy to give to him. save the good ones for you.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Dude, compared to my firiend this guy is great.

This guy sings co-lead vocals in the band I am in and we wrtoe songs together, we hang out together allot, design web sites, we are kind of like batman and robin.

But the slightest mention of the word "cigar" and he shouts BLECH!!! He won't come near me when I smoke- he always has something to say about the smell.

On the other had our lead guitarist is a lover of the leaf and we smoke together often. It really is sad he can't even sit with us while we smoke, I have enever met someone so violently opposed to the stogie.
-eef

·
formerly Jokieman
987 Posts
crazyguy117 said:

In all honesty, it sounds like he does it either because he's jealous of you, or to piss you off. :tg

·
Registered
106 Posts
crazyguy117 said:

keep your smokes brother and go to cbid and pick up a couple of the John T's in a tube and give him those when he wants a smoke :p

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
You could pull an "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" kinda thing on him. ;)

:rolleyes: Just a thought.

I'll.......try & keep it to myself in the future. :confused:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for all of the replys! Being new to the site i didnt know what to expect from fellow members. Its great that so many people will reply back about topics or questions people come up with.

Thanks Again for the support. Keep it up guys, you make this good site even better with the knowledge you pass out to fellow members.

hmmm.... that sounds cheeze? .... Oh well. :s

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.