Cigar Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

Quick question.
I have some really crappy sticks that I've had in my humidor for a while and I have decided to get rid of them to make room for some good ones. So I got this idea that since they are crappy, it wouldn't hurt to experiment a little with them. So I am thinking of dipping them into some rum. My question is, how do I go about doing this? I had a buddy tell me to just fill a small plate with rum and roll the sticks in the rum being carefull not to get them too wet. Is that right, or is there a better way?

Thanks,
-Paul

:confused:

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
A friend of mine has a technique where he places the cigars in a sealed jar with a saturated paper napking (of burboun) for a couple of weeks.
I'm trying to get him to join club stogie, but I'll give him a call & get the proper technique.

·
F.O.G. with nice smokes
1,605 Posts
DON'T dip. place in sealed container with a shot glass full of whatever you want. Leave alone for month or so. I did this with Captain Morgan to crap cigars. They stay crap. If you want to flavor cigars, start with good ones, or at least OK cigars. But for practice, yours will do fine. Ya can't hurt them if you don't like them.

OPT

·
Registered
410 Posts
NOw take this in the propper context..
THe guy with thousands of Lars says ewwwww!

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I flavored some in a jar. I used a half gallon jar, put a shallow dish in the bottom with a perforated lid. Put the cigars in for about two months and they were pretty good. The longer you leave them the more taste they get.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, it looks like the best way is to put some sticks in a jar with a dish or shot glass of rum/whiskey/etc... and just let them sit for a couple of months or so.

I think I'm going to give it a try, but not on the crappy cigars that I have now. I think I will wait until I get some decent cigars.

Thanks everybody,
-Paul

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
i vaguely remember reading that churchill used to dip his cigars in cognac (or port? or both??) right after clipping.

·
Registered
76 Posts
:u :u I once put a shot glass of rum in a tupperware container with a Thompson's cameroon cigar for an entire month. It smelled like cat poop, so I never smoked it.:u

1 - 9 of 9 Posts