Cigar Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do a lot of business travel and have learned never to trust the airlines with my belongings....so I always pack in a way that lets me carry my luggage on with me. PROBLEM: The airport security folks don't take kindly to cigar cutters of any sort. Knowing there are super sharp ceramic knives in the marketplace, I was wondering if anyone knows about ceramic (or other non-metal) cigar cutters which would not set off airport security alarms?

Otherwise, I'm left to biting my stogies off while on the road, or finding a (usually cheap and dull) cutter to mangle my puros.

Anyone have any insight on this? I would appreciate it.....

thanks! :w

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info Poker! Unfortunately I was relieved of a V-cutter in my last trip from Laguardia to Houston...I was in a rush to get to the gate and didn't have time to argue while putting my shoes back on and basically getting dressed again in the line-up!

I'll give the double blade cutter a chance now. I am worried about my Colibri lighter tho, and will likely take a cheapie so it won't be as painful if they take that away too. :c

Keep smokin'! :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.