Cigar Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I am looking into starting a cigar business/lounge. A place for people to come buy and smoke cigars at and hang out. Any ideas???? I was also looking at diversifying the shop into items that were not cigar related. Any comments, suggestions would be welcomed. Thanks.

·
Enjoying life...
4,742 Posts
bulldog, where you from? If I'm anywhere near I'll come and buy a few sticks off you. :D I posted that thread about opening a cigar store. Still would like to but it will be down the road some time if ever. The advice I got is to diversify what you are selling. Perhaps even partner with a restaurant or something. That way you have other things to sell until your cigar clientelle builds up.

Wish you the best of luck if you go ahead with it!

Jeff

·
Registered
263 Posts
My dream is to have a lush, dark wood paneled smoking lounge with bar and adjoining restaurant, but a club instead of public. There would also be an adjoining cigar store that the public could enter and buy smokes. The club would have a gym, restaurants, smoking lounge with bar, separate smoke free bar, pool tables and assorted games, maybe a golf course. BUT snob free. I live in a very rich area and f***ing hate all the conceited people who live here.

·
Still Smitty's biotch!
3,335 Posts
A cigar shop near me sells "gourmet coffee" as well. The problem is those bins of coffee just site there and to coffee snobs that equals stale.

I might suggest that you roast coffee on site, and have a couple airpots available for patrons to sample your coffee. Perhaps you could convince our local resident coffee guru DonJefe to create a house blend.

-Matt-

·
Registered
16 Posts
We sold coffee for awhile and we were pretty successful with it. Look into partnering with a local coffe shop for your supply. Not sure where you are located but your local laws will play a big part in some of your options. There is a great place in Baton Rouge, LA called Churchills. They are a combination wine cellar, tobacconist and jaz club. Another great plae is Burns in Chattanooga, TN.
www.cbcburns.com

www.churchillswineandcigars.com/

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.