Cigar Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I would also check the seals on your humis. If they have a light inside that will work. If not you can use a flash light. Turn off all the lights in the room make it as dark as possible.
The seals are good, I never seem to notice humidity going in or out when doors closed. The hygrometers show, but it couldve been that a lot of humidty got in when my house was at about 75% when I was taking cigars out to smoke about 1-2 months ago. Such high RH lasted about 4 months. Cigars might of have absorbed the extra humidity and so far, dry boxing has been working out.

· Registered
12 Posts
I'm a little late to this... Hope you fixed your issue.... If not, 75 is definitely high for humidity. If your humidity is not fluctuating rapidly then you don't have a leak in your seals. If your coolerdor maintains it at 75 on a consistent basis, drop your RH down to 72...leave them there for several days so they can dry out slightly. Smoke a few and see if you're enjoying them at that RH. Everyone has a different requirement with their humidity levels. I personally enjoy mine as low as 64 and as high as 72. You'll find your sweet spot. Be patient but definitely drop your RH down. Keep in mind that every B&M or online store may store theirs at a different RH. The cigar that's slightly drier in your humidor will suck up as much humidity as it requires from the next cigar over as well. There are so many variables. The easiest for now is dropping your RH. Good luck.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts