Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All of my cigars have burn issues, no matter the brand, they are all almost unsmokable. Its very hard to light them up, even with a torch lighter. The ash becomes black and hard and I have to constantly light them up. Seems as the outer leaves have a hard time burning. The taste is not that great either. Humidity is around 68-70. Temperature has changed though. It has gone down from around 75 to around 62 now because of winter season. I found this issue happening through this temperaure change. Dont know if this is whats causing it but it has been pretty much the only change cigars have gone through. Dry boxing/resting doesnt seem to help much. Has anyone gone through this issue?
Wood Natural material Metal Composite material Auto part
Tobacco Cigar Wood Cigarette Metal

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To start your Humidity is way too high, 65 or even a touch lower is the norm around here, i would start with lowering it, wait a few weeks/months and try again.
Are all your cigars coming from the same supplier ?
Ill lower my humidity and hopefully it works out. My cigars have come from different suppliers (famous smoke, cigarsdaily, fox cigars) and they all present these issues.

· Registered
7,486 Posts
Ill lower my humidity and hopefully it works out. My cigars have come from different suppliers (famous smoke, cigarsdaily, fox cigars) and they all present these issues.
So if you smoke one the day you get your package is it the same problem?

· Registered
7,486 Posts
Dont know what your using for storage but @Bird-Dog has some great advice in this thread

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dont know what your using for storage but @Bird-Dog has some great advice in this thread
Im using coolidors. Rh is reading lower because I left the doors open for a while to dry a little bit.

Attachments

· Registered
7,486 Posts
Right, I didnt have these issues when I tried them straight out of the box the first day they came in. They also tasted better
So its a storage issue, i used a coolidor for a while, gave up on it, not saying they are not a good idea but i found it hard to keep constant temps and humidity with mine.
Back to what i said at first, bring the humidity down to 65 or below, your temps seem ok. Are you confident with your humidity monitor readings?

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So its a storage issue, i used a coolidor for a while, gave up on it, not saying they are not a good idea but i found it hard to keep constant temps and humidity with mine.
Back to what i said at first, bring the humidity down to 65 or below, your temps seem ok. Are you confident with your humidity monitor readings?
Yes, they all read the same along with the cigar oasis when the door is closed, so they are calibrated. Ill definitely go lower on the RH as I have done it before and I remember they taste and burn better

· Registered
728 Posts
I would also check the seals on your humis. If they have a light inside that will work. If not you can use a flash light. Turn off all the lights in the room make it as dark as possible. Either turn on the light or place a flashlight inside. Check to see if you can see any light coming through the seals.

· Registered
728 Posts
I would also double check your gauges. I would just take all of them and put them in a Tupperware with a secure lid and drop a 60gram boveda in there and see if they regulate in a couple hours. If they don’t regulate I would recalibrate the affected ones. His is more just a CYA move. When were they calibrated last?

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I would also double check your gauges. I would just take all of them and put them in a Tupperware with a secure lid and drop a 60gram boveda in there and see if they regulate in a couple hours. If they don’t regulate I would recalibrate the affected ones. His is more just a CYA move. When were they calibrated last?
I tested them earlier this year. They all read the same along with the bovedas and the cigar oasis, so I dont think theyre reading less humidity. Im going 65% in one humidor and 69 in the other and test them out. Might take weeks though

1 - 20 of 25 Posts