Cigar Forums banner

Cigar Book

Tags
book cigar
1K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  l330n 
#1 ·
Well, I had been planning this for a while, and would have started long ago, but ultimately it was harder then you would ever imagine just to find some freaking glue out here! I have a small hard cover notebook that we pretty much get issued out here. I decided to make it my cigar book and glue all of my saved cigar bands over it and then try to cover it with something clear. Well, still trying to track down something clear, but I'm almost done with the bands. Here's the work in progress!!!

Front of book
Wood Recreation Engineering Box Font

Back cover. Yes the book was origionally that obnoxious lime green color... lol
Shipping box Wood Art Packing materials Publication

See less See more
#10 ·
Thanks for all the kudo's! Yeah, I just couldn't see throwing those bands away, and I thought a Cigar notebook would be pretty cool looking! Yeah, there's really no way I'm going to be able to track down any Poly while out here. It took me three weeks to track down a glue stick... hahaha.

I was thinking of trying to find some of those uber adhesive clear book covers they use for school textbooks. I'm sure I could find something online and make an order or something. We'll see and I'll keep you all posted!

My next thought for this was to paste all future bands (1 of each) inside the book on the seperate pages to keep notes on. Kind of like a cigar review book to keep track of all the smokes I try. Hmmm... we'll see I suppose.

#13 ·
I had been thinking of gluing mine to foam board and framing them for my office. As for something to coat it with you might try a clear coat sealant that is used for crafts. Not sure where you're at since you mentioned hard to get glue where you are. I like the book idea too.

#14 ·
I had been thinking of gluing mine to foam board and framing them for my office. As for something to coat it with you might try a clear coat sealant that is used for crafts. Not sure where you're at since you mentioned hard to get glue where you are. I like the book idea too.
I'm in Afghanistan, but I like your idea. I may have to save that for when I get home though... hmmm...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.