Cigar Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....sup' everyone - here's my situation - I've been working at my current assignment {NAVY} for three years and it's time to move on - I want to get my boss, who's a cigar smoker, a parting gift but I want to ensure that it's an IMPRESSIVE brand - any ideas? I've been to a LOT of sites, and I know that $$$$ doesnt always equal quality - can anyone steer me in a good direction?...from what I've read, Montecristos, Macanudos, A. Fuentes, or Davidoffs might be what I'm looking for, but I'm outta' my element here, and I figured I'd ask the experts - thanx in avance!!

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
Hey Newb, those are some good smokes you listed, I think as far as being gifted smokes....I'd enjoy these 3 brands most....I'll go by cheapest to most expensive per box, (not sure about your $$$ amount) this is per box,

Joya de Nicaragua Anto 1970 Consuls ($60)
CAO Brazilia Sambas or Gols ($70)
Camacho any size....($75-$125)

Hey Good Luck and thanks for defending our Nation. :u rns
10 packs are also available at many sites...

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
Find out what he smokes. Mild, medium, full. If you give a box of Joya de Nicaragua 1970 Antano to a Macanudo smoker, he will probably turn green on the 1st cigar.

BTW, Welcome.

·
Registered
154 Posts
kansashat said:
Find out what he smokes. Mild, medium, full. If you give a box of Joya de Nicaragua 1970 Antano to a Macanudo smoker, he will probably turn green on the 1st cigar.

BTW, Welcome.
Yes, find out what he likes. Don't limit yourself just to the actual cigars too. You can get some very impressive lighters, cutters and ashtrays for cigar smokers. Small desktop humidors for his office or an otterbox travel humidor are also cool gifts.

·
Still Smitty's biotch!
3,335 Posts
I think the others are right in that you need to somehow find out what he smokes.

Some smokers might be impressed with Cohibas in the glass top box. :) (many experienced smokers don't know these are fake)

Personally I can think of these $40 - $90 cigars that would really impress me as gifts. These are delicious cigars that are attainable. I tried to price them low to high below.

Cuesta Rey Sungrown Beli #11 (save money since they are only sold in boxes of 10)
Flor de Ybor City #85
Onyx Mini Belicoso
Punch Gran Puro Rancho
Padron #2000 or #3000 M
C.A.O. Brazillia Gol
AF Cuban Corona M

If you want to $pend considerably more you can get better, but dimishing returns apply here.

AF Don Carlos
AF Opus X
Gurkha - Centurian XX
Padron Anniversario Maduro
Graycliff Espresso Pirate

·
Registered
291 Posts
Ya know he might be more impressed by a nice cutter/lighter/humidor or the like, especially if he doesn't already have one. This way you can cut out some of the guess work too...

I know I for one would LOVE to get a nice Xikar cutter as a gift as opposed to cigars that I don't really enjoy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.