Cigar Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a fiver on c-bid a few weeks ago for $19.00. That's $3.80 a cigar & I think these go for about $8 apiece if you buy a box. Sometimes I hesitate to share info on this forum, as I jealously believe that I might cause a spike in the bidding on a cigar. :confused: You will have to forgive me for playing my cards too close to my chest. :)

Appearance: Beautiful band, very colorful, with workers in a tobacco field. The cigar is presented en cedro. The wrapper is a deep red & just gorgeous, not as oily as a GH#5, but beautiful nonetheless.

Construction: The draw was fine. The burn was ok....went slightly off kilter once, but corrected itself. The cigar has a bit of spring to it, but is plenty solid. The gray-white ash tapped off easily at about the 2" mark.

Flavor: The prelight flavor has a pleasant, if unusual, vegetal flavor......iceberg lettuce?
A smooth full bodied cigar that has the sweetness of a GH#5 & the peppery notes of a Camacho Corojo. I found myself chewing the smoke to get more of the rich flavor. Later in the cigar, notes of leather in the nose came out......like a baseball glove.
The finish exhibited a light, bitter, nicotine zing on the tongue. It was not unpleasant, nor overbearing. I believe a bit of aging will mellow this.
At the end, the nose intensified with some nice highs.......not the light sweet Dominican highs, but with more depth & power.

Conclusion: I liked this cigar very much. If it was lying next to a GH#5 & a Camacho Corojo, depending on my mood, I'd probably reach for the Cienfuegos..........unless I was paying for it......in that case, the GH#5 would beat it out almost every time. :)

Ok guys. There is your review. BTW, I checked c-bid & CI to see if they had any........no luck. ;) I can't even seem to Google the damn things!

P.S. I found these at www.cheapercigars.com for $169.50 for a box of 20.

·
Banned
8,745 Posts
Re: Cienfuegos Engine #5

Nows that's what I'm talkin about. That was great. Thank you very much. Your loyal fans appreciate you branching (or since this is a cigar forum whats the opposite?? don't know) into the review business at CS. Next week my toe goes in the water so be nice.

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Cienfuegos Engine #5

Jeez, I've got 180 some reviews in the database. :rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.