Cigar Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Still Smitty's biotch!
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Besides Rare Fuentes, a great thing about this time of year is that liquor companies give away some nice swag with their bottles.

Hitimewine.net has a great selection right now. I just ordered 2 of these (one for me and one for Dad). You get the fifth of Macallan Cask strength with what looks like one of the stainless steel, leather wrapped flasks that run $20 - $30+. Priced at $42, that is less than the fifth alone normally runs. When it arrives I will comment on the quality in this thread. There are several other gift sets available there, but check your local store if you can't buy spirits online in your state.

-Matt-

·
Skeeter's Confidant
7,197 Posts
Yeah txmatt I got a couple of nice high ball glasses with a 5th of Jack a couple weeks ago and the booze was 4 bucks less than usual. :al

·
Banned
6,267 Posts
Yeah Jager is Combining one of their larger bottles with a shot glass in the shape of a Deer's Head this year. Kinda Creepy but definitely cool. Reminds me of the cups they drank out of in the movie Alexander.

·
Still Smitty's biotch!
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The box was delivered today! Four days with base shipping rate during this time of year is simply amazing. Gotta love HiTime. Enough of my ad, and no I don't work for them. The Macallan gift set is quite nice. The wrap on the flask looks very pleatherish, but if you feel the back of the piece that holds the 2 shot glasses on the top it is indeed leather; its just crappy leather. :)
The actual flask has an amazing shine on the thick stainless; its pretty heavy. As I guessed before the sucker would run you at least $20 by itself, and $30 if it said Brookstone, Eddie Bauer, or something like that on it.

As for the Scotch itself it really has a LOT of Macallan character. I almost always drink my scotch neat, but I may start cutting this with a bit of water. VERY good stuff for the relatively small $42 for single malt.

I saw another cool gift set on the site, I am going to order this after New Years if it isn't sold out.

-Matt-

·
Duke of prunes
537 Posts
:al .............I just picked up a bottle of Bushmills that came with 2 logoed glass coffee mugs at the bottle price. Last year got a bottle of Jamesons with a stainless mixer set.....same deal.

·
Still Smitty's biotch!
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Irish Whiskey fan are ye? That stuff will be flowing freely next week when I am up in Ohio. My wife's Paternal side (the Quinns) is quite a fun group of Micks to hang out with. :al I will be lucky to find any alcohol, perhaps some wine at her Maternal side though (the Fitzgeralds). :s

Yeah, yeah I know what you are thinking! How could I go and ruin my perfect German/Austrian bloodline with those inferior Irish genes? Well at least it will be easy to tell where any flaws that show up in our kids came from! :D

The Quinns swear by Red Breast. Its definitely more expensive than Jameson/Bushmills but after trying it, its worth the extra IMO. I think its too small production to get in gift sets, but once that Bushmills is gone you might want to grab a bottle of this ($38 mail order or $45 - $60 in store depending on your state)

-Matt-

·
Duke of prunes
537 Posts
Where at in Ohio do you visit Matt? We have a great group of BOTL that regularly get together, usually on Tuesday eves... :w
Bushmills is a great sipping whiskey (with a splash) and has a nice smooth character.I was looking to get a bottle of something "top shelf" for New Years. I really enjoyed the Dalmore Cigar Malt that I was able to sample at a cigar and whiskey "tasting" at The Party Source. Maybe I'll compare the price to the Redbreast to help make up my mind??? :al

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
txmatt said:
I think its too small production to get in gift sets, but once that Bushmills is gone you might want to grab a bottle of this ($38 mail order or $45 - $60 in store depending on your state)

They have Redbreast in a gift package on base, not sure what was included, but it caught my eye. I picked up a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue, and it came with a nice blue cardboard box :rolleyes:

GoatLocker

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
I used to like my single malts back in the day. I'm surprised to see some folks seem to go for both scotch & bourbon. I could drink an Irish, but it tasted a bit green to me (I guess I missed the smoke). Bourbon, however, was like a vampire drinking holy water to me. :al

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
kansashat said:
I used to like my single malts back in the day. I'm surprised to see some folks seem to go for both scotch & bourbon. I could drink an Irish, but it tasted a bit green to me (I guess I missed the smoke). Bourbon, however, was like a vampire drinking holy water to me. :al
Bourbon and scotch are my favorite liquors. Mostly I like single malt scotch, but Johnny Walker Blue is awesome. Lot's of good small batch and single barrel bourbons to choose from these days. :al Not much of a fan of Irish whiskey, unless it's in Irish Coffee, mmm.

GoatLocker

·
Still Smitty's biotch!
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
DAFU said:
Where at in Ohio do you visit Matt? We have a great group of BOTL that regularly get together, usually on Tuesday eves... :w
Bushmills is a great sipping whiskey (with a splash) and has a nice smooth character.I was looking to get a bottle of something "top shelf" for New Years. I really enjoyed the Dalmore Cigar Malt that I was able to sample at a cigar and whiskey "tasting" at The Party Source. Maybe I'll compare the price to the Redbreast to help make up my mind??? :al
Heya DAFU,

I will spend part of the visit in Central OH (Delaware) and part of the visit near you (Springboro). I am not sure what my schedule is on the 28th, but if I can sneak away I am sure meeting at your spot would be quite FUN! Perhaps I can drag my Father-In-Law along with me as well. I shared a bunch of nice cigars including a JLP with him over Thanksgiving; which is funny since he is an Assistant US attorney. :D

If you are in the Cinci area I have a challenge for you that will get you some VERY nice cigars if you can accomplish it. There is a law firm that advertises usually late night. In their commercial there is a blonde chick who says near the end, "and no mumbo jumbo". The blonde is one of my sisters and I really want the commercial to taunt her with. If you can get a recording of it in any way I would appreciate it.

-Matt-

·
Registered
354 Posts
For fans of Irish I recommend Tullamore Dew, you can get it in a gift set with two nice glasses. The best thing is it's really a great deal. Smooth as silk and better than most whiskeys Scotch or Irish. Try it, you'll like it.
Merry Christmas!

·
Duke of prunes
537 Posts
El Gato said:
For fans of Irish I recommend Tullamore Dew, you can get it in a gift set with two nice glasses. The best thing is it's really a great deal. Smooth as silk and better than most whiskeys Scotch or Irish. Try it, you'll like it.
Merry Christmas!
I'll have that one next year!!! :al
If I got them all at once I wouldn't have anything to look forward too!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.