Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
MoTheMentor
Joined
·
3,075 Posts
Sometimes I like to guess the person belonging to a stash by the cornucopia of cigars in front of me . . . but this has me puzzled.
OK Fred, who's are they? I'm very curious.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MoTheMan said:
Sometimes I like to guess the person belonging to a stash by the cornucopia of cigars in front of me . . . but this has me puzzled.
OK Fred, who's are they? I'm very curious.
Mo, It's a mix of my full, partial, and empty Cuban boxes that I already smoked. I just thought it made a cool picture. I've got another 20 or so empties in the closet that I could not fit in the picture. I've kept some of the interesting boxes I've smoked over the years. My wife saw the boxes and said "so thats where all our money goes!" I generally keep around 500 Cubans in stock. I don't have the humi space for more at this time, but if my corp. taxes look good in Jan., it may be time for a bigger one. I like Bruces a lot, and it was not too expensive. I believe Bruce said it holds around 3000.
 

·
MoTheMentor
Joined
·
3,075 Posts
Fredster said:
Mo, It's a mix of my full, partial, and empty Cuban boxes that I already smoked. I just thought it made a cool picture. I've got another 20 or so empties in the closet that I could not fit in the picture. I've kept some of the interesting boxes I've smoked over the years. My wife saw the boxes and said "so thats where all our money goes!" I generally keep around 500 Cubans in stock. I don't have the humi space for more at this time, but if my corp. taxes look good in Jan., it may be time for a bigger one. I like Bruces a lot, and it was not too expensive. I believe Bruce said it holds around 3000.
I ws wondering if they might not be yours . . . guess the stumper was that they're collected over a period of years, so tastes may have changed a bit.

VERRRY NICE!! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah Mo, I think everyones taste change over the years somewhat. The Boli's, Partagas, and Cohibas are still my favorites though.
 

·
MoTheMentor
Joined
·
3,075 Posts
Fredster said:
Yeah Mo, I think everyones taste change over the years somewhat. The Boli's, Partagas, and Cohibas are still my favorites though.
Figured all the Punch Punch, Partagas 8-9-8 (Bruce's been talking a lot about those lately), the Cohiba Reserva from 2003 (the sel is on the outside/white box vs. the cabinet box as with the 2002 productions), a lot of Por Llaranga, and then there was the Davidoff box!! I've seen quite a ew threads from you on some of that stuff lately. (LOL):w

Tastes do change over time though, you should see some of my older boxes!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
motortown said:
Very nice, Fred!! Think I'll print the photo and slide it to my girlfriend (hint, hint). She wouldn't have a clue, though!
Every year I tell my wife I want more cigars, and every year I get something else. I tell you, No appreciation for the leaf with these women. ;) Have you fired up that Boli C.G. yet? Just curious what you thought.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
MoTheMan said:
Figured all the Punch Punch, Partagas 8-9-8 (Bruce's been talking a lot about those lately), the Cohiba Reserva from 2003 (the sel is on the outside/white box vs. the cabinet box as with the 2002 productions), a lot of Por Llaranga, and then there was the Davidoff box!! I've seen quite a ew threads from you on some of that stuff lately. (LOL):w

Tastes do change over time though, you should see some of my older boxes!!
I'm going to have to start calling you detective Mo. I'm surprised you could see the 1988 Davi #1's, you've got good eyes! I was given a great deal on those last Dec. (03), 1100.00! They usually go for around 1700.00. I said when I got them I would only smoke for special occasions and such. I don't have a collection full of them like some of you guys. :mad: Anyway, a year later and almost gone. I have no will power. :hn
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
258 Posts
Fredster said:
I don't have the humi space for more at this time, but if my corp. taxes look good........
Maybe I can help you out with that. I hope to be moved soon and setting up the shop again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,118 Posts
Fredster said:
Every year I tell my wife I want more cigars, and every year I get something else. I tell you, No appreciation for the leaf with these women. ;) Have you fired up that Boli C.G. yet? Just curious what you thought.
Same with my wife! She always gets what she wants, but won't shop for what I really want. :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
368 Posts
Fredster said:
Every year I tell my wife I want more cigars, and every year I get something else. I tell you, No appreciation for the leaf with these women. ;) Have you fired up that Boli C.G. yet? Just curious what you thought.
:D My girlfriend is pretty cool with everything, as long as I don't "smell like I smoked half of Cuba". She gets her digs in though, referring to the lounge at the cigar shop as "the Den of Evil". :D

The Boli CG? I'm going to fire it up this weekend. I believe the Slippery Slope is about to get a bit steeper! YEAH!!!

Many thanks again!!

John
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Top