Cigar Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
. . . and I find out that I hit 5 out of 6 in the Lotto South. Prize was a little over $1500! Now I'm thinking cool, this is the most I have ever won and I am going to get some great cigars for my humi!

My wife of 23 years says, "OK, you can have $500 to do with what you want and the rest is for the family". Now, being the good husband and father that I am, I tell her "That's what I was thinking too! (Yea, right! I was pissed off. After all, it was MY dollar that I used and I drove to the store to get the groceries that day and just happened to grab a lottery ticket on the way out. It's not fair I was screaming on the inside!!) :c

I just smiled and said "Great Idea!"

So this is where you guys come into play: What are your recommendations for what to get for the $500? Should I buy a couple of boxes of great cigars or a whole bunch of singles? I am a huge Maduro fan and size wise I usually smoke Robusto's, Rothschild's or Mini Belicoso's.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

·
LineWalker
213 Posts
I'm a box man myself. You could treat yourself to one very special box and then a couple of old reliables. I just enjoy putting a whole box away to sleep, then picking up on how they change over time. Congrats either way. And way to play that one....It's still $500 worth of smokes.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
WOW Congrats man! Check the Cigar Special section for a good deal on PSD4. Some PAM would be nice too. Get some Sancho Panza Doble Maduro, very tasty, very affordable. Happy shopping!

·
Registered
29 Posts
hmmmm..... $500 worth of cigars.... sounds like you could get quite a few choice cigars with that, but then again with all those cigars you might neglect the family! I could do you a favor and take that $500 for you, let me know.

You could find yourself some PAMs since you like the maduro (or a full box with $500), that is one of my favorites

·
Registered
21,743 Posts
Congrats!

Buy a box of your favorites and get some fivers.

Now that you are here at CS I assume you will need a bigger humidor soon!

Do you have a good lighter? VectorKGM's are good and not too $$

Do you have a good cutter? OpusEx is organizing a group buy on Palio cutters! If you don't have one I highly recommend them.

Have fun and like Nely said, don't forget to check the trading post here.

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
1st....congratulations!

2nd....Davidoffs. That should take care of the whole $500, therefore eliminating the angst of what to spend the $500 on.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
1f1fan said:
Congrats!

Buy a box of your favorites and get some fivers.

Now that you are here at CS I assume you will need a bigger humidor soon!

Do you have a good lighter? VectorKGM's are good and not too $$

Do you have a good cutter? OpusEx is organizing a group buy on Palio cutters! If you don't have one I highly recommend them.

Have fun and like Nely said, don't forget to check the trading post here.
I agree with shelvingunit. Buy a box of your favorite premi smoke then get several 5 packs.
But if you need a nice humidor then that would be where I'd spend it. That way you would have an excuse to buy more gars to fill it!!!!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all of the great replys and cudo's! :cool:

Club Stogie is great in that you can feel comfortable with your fellow members whether you are a newbie or old timer! You guys are great!

Here is what I decided:

Box of Cohiba Robustos

A selection of singles from my local tobacconist - Lou's Smokehouse

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.