Cigar Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21,743 Posts
Ahhh.... the old glass top Cohiba's. A favorite of scam artists on E-bay. Its a shame to see people actually bidding on these.

I'm not too sure about the first link, I stay away from e-bay unless I am looking for an ashtray or something.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Can these be for real? It says that the tobacco is worthless and the product is being sold for the package value only?

Hey (909),
ebay does not allow the sale of anything containing tobacco. This is the standard phrase that is used when selling tobacco products. Basically they are trying to say that the package the gars are in is a collectable item and thats whats being sold, the packaging, not the gars inside. Its just a way to get around the rules.
Now on that Cohiba box, lmfao, what can one say....

·
X Canadian
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MocoBird said:
ebay does not allow the sale of anything containing tobacco. This is the standard phrase that is used when selling tobacco products. Basically they are trying to say that the package the gars are in is a collectable item and thats whats being sold, the packaging, not the gars inside. Its just a way to get around the rules.
Exactly, what if the guys were selling illegal smokes on e-bay. They're good with it as long as the sale is for the "packaging" only?

·
Registered
806 Posts
(909) said:
Exactly, what if the guys were selling illegal smokes on e-bay. They're good with it as long as the sale is for the "packaging" only?
I don't think that eBay is really going to worry about it too much unless somebody complains. I you are referring to Cubans you have to remember that Cubans are only illegal in the US. Somebody in the UK could be selling Cubans on eBay and it's totally legal. We in the US just can't buy them.

Now this box I'm really taking a long hard look at. That's got to be the mostest realest warranty sticker I have ever seen! I may just have to place a bid on this puppy...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11673&item=6121742558&rd=1

Anybody wanna go halfs ?

·
Registered
806 Posts
mr.c said:
WOW Mocobird that would be a real prize in the ole' humidor..... I hear Fauxhibas are smoking quite well now :r
I'm reorganizing the humi's right now. Hopefully I can make enough room so I can put it right in the front by the glass so when I walk by I can see it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.